IT Support Analyst
Salary £24,000 per annum
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven, focused individual to join Inchcape UK
We are looking for a Service Desk Agent to join our team based in Milton Keynes. The Central Service Desk is responsible for helping all members of the Inchcape business community with problems relating to their use of IT. The role of the Service Desk Agent is to provide the central point of contact for users wishing to log calls for any service or application supported by the Central Service Desk, and to manage the incident lifecycle through to successful closure whilst ensuring so far as is possible that agreed SLA performance standards are met.
The team operates a 37.5 hour shift system, providing cover from 08.00am to 18.00pm, Monday to Friday. 08.00am to 16.00pm Saturday and 10.00am to 14.00pm on Sunday.
Main Duties of the Service Desk include
· Answering queries via telephone and email
· Logging incidents and requests in the Inchcape Service Management system
· Supporting Inchcape Service Desk with administration and problem resolution
· Support, Escalation/Liaison with 3rd party suppliers and 2nd line support
· User creation and administration
· Managing incidents through to resolution
· To assess and set the appropriate level of priority, allocating the call to the correct resolver group
· In cases where the resolver group is a third party, To use appropriate web call logging software, updating Inchcape Call Management Software, and communicating progress to the user.
· To monitor and escalate all calls logged according to agreed service levels
· Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the rest of the service desk team based in Milton Keynes
· To provide progress updates and explanations on call resolutions in a clear format that is easy for the user to understand, be that verbally, or in writing within the call management software.
· To fully understand the range of applications and services supported by the Service Desk by making use of any knowledge bases, working with colleagues and identifying areas of concern that could be addressed by training
· To provide a central point of contact and ownership for all calls raised by users
· To log every call fully, correctly and accurately within the call management software, questioning the user effectively for all relevant detail.
What we need from you
We are looking for candidates that have had experience of working in a 'first line’ desk side role, working with IT. You must be used to working in a high pressured environment, bringing a calming influence through your level of knowledge.
The ideal candidate can show proven dedication to providing user satisfaction through first class service. It is essential that you have the ability to communicate clearly at various different levels, both verbally and in writing, you must be comfortable working under pressure and have the ability to be able to handle potential conflicts where users may be unhappy with the level of service, and show the ability to prioritise conflicting demands whilst adhering to company policies and practices.
You must possess an excellent telephone and desk side manner, willing to work in a team environment where sharing of knowledge is essential, we are looking for a candidate that is showing willingness and the ability to learn 'on the job’ and to take on additional responsibilities
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Information Technology
- Service Desk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job