IT Solution Architect - Birmingham
IT Solution Architect / IT Infrastructure Architect who will be responsible for defining the overall IT Infrastructure and implementing new IT programmes, solutions and systems is required by a leading professional services company in central Birmingham. You must have senior IT infrastructure experience around IT design in cloud-based and virtualised IT infrastructure solutions, ideally being TOGAF certified
The Solution Architect / Infrastructure Architect will step into a role in which you will be leading projects inception through to completion and be at the start of the journey from a solutions architecture point of view for the company
You must be able to table a holistic approach and look at both the future & current needs of the organisation. This role requires strong commercial awareness, the ability to take ownership of solutions and offer some strategic guidance.
Experience and skills you will have:
- You must have a minimum of 2 years' experience from either a IT Solution Architect or IT Technical Design Authority background, ideally heading up IT infrastructure projects
- Developing solutions within an Enterprise Architecture Framework - working knowledge of and certification in an Enterprise Architecture Framework A method, e.g. TOGAF, Zachman
- A background in infrastructure is essential; this will include:
- covering virtualisation (VMware, MS Hypervisor, Azure etc)
- distributed computing
- Cisco networking
- Cloud based solutions
- Microsoft Systems (e.g. Exchange, Sharepoint, System Centre, Forefront etc); storage solutions (SAN/NAS etc)
- LAN/WAN topologies and optimisation
- backup and restore solutions
- security (e.g. Network, application, identity)
- Any experience integrating software solutions in on a Microsoft .NET platform would be bonus
- Leading IT due diligence phases with respects to Infrastructure architectures and solutions
The company can offer a great platform for any IT Solutions Architects / Lead IT infrastructure Engineers looking to push on in their career. There is certainly career progression to move to a more strategic and enterprise architect position as the role progresses. The IT team is around 30 people, mainly based out the Birmingham office. Duties in the role include
- Delivering short, medium and long-term strategic opportunities across the organisation, in alignment with the vision and ambition of the company
- Developing and strengthening relationships with the business and strategic partners & increasing the visibility and awareness of the firm's IT offerings and capabilities at all levels
- Working alongside other architects, IT and engineering resources in the Development and Service sub-teams, to design and maintain appropriate Solution Architecture Models and feed into further developing the existing Governance Standards and Solutions
- Leading design phases on Business IT programmes, validating requirements and ensuring that all aspects of solution design are within scope, complete, and deliverable
My client is looking to pay a starting salary of between £55,000 - £65,000 + Benefits. To apply to send your CV to or press apply now.
Keywords: Solution Architect / Solution Architecture / Cloud / TOGAF / Zachman / Enterprise Architecture / Birmingham
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'