This role will suit an articulate, customer orientated Graduate (or similar experience) Engineer with up to 5 years of experience.
Working closely with the software development team but as a member of the support team, the successful applicant will assist in the customer support of Client and Server Software and Web Applications for the management and analysis of data gained in a Local Authority / Highways environment. Educated to 'A’ level standard or above, ideally you will have some experience in using Microsoft SQLServer, Windows 7 - 10, and Server 2008 - 2016 and perhaps Systems Administration.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ensuring highest level of customer support
- Receiving communications from Software users
- Investigating problems received from users & deciding appropriate course of action
- Production of walkthrough guides, troubleshooting guides & help sheets
- Distribution of Software upgrades to users
- Production of reports for use in software systems
- Production & updating of test plans Ensuring software is tested in a methodical & consistent manner
- Production of user documentation / manuals for new software
- Updating existing documentation / manuals for software enhancements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to work quickly & efficiently.
- Database knowledge.
- Logical & methodical approach to problem solving.
- SQL server 2008-2016
- SSIS Integration Services
- IIS 6, 7, 8
- Sql Server
- Technical Support