This highly established, top tier law firm based in the centre of Birmingham is now looking to recruit an IT software developer to join their office on a full time, permanent basis. You will join a business operations group made up of finance, operations, HR, marketing and IT where you will provide key services to the wider firm.
Within this IT software developer role, you will develop, implement and support business system solutions in response to business requirements. You will work on a mixture of application foundations, with a more SQL server database slant, others with ASP.Net and VB.Net. Some of your key duties in this role will include:
- Requiring analysis to gain an understanding of business needs to develop level of effort estimates, software design and development, unit testing
- Developing reliable, innovative and scalable technology solutions
- Managing development items to closure within time, cost and quality constraints
- Translating user requirements into detailed design specifications
- Creating and maintaining application documentation
- Being capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solutions from design through to solution implementation
- Providing regular and effective progress updates to and working closely with the Development Team Leader to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
- Defining delivery phases of the project including; activities, sub-activities and milestones ensuring these are documented and used as the basis for the project event log, issues and risk log and subsequent reporting
- Ensuring the awareness, involvement and support from the key stakeholders and participants by building strong client relationships and maintaining robust communication on the project status throughout its life cycle
- Analysing user requirements
- Evaluating, assessing and recommending software and hardware solutions
- Developing software, architecture, specifications and interfaces
- Developing user interfaces, client displays and management information
- Developing, delivering and testing software prototypes
- Initiating and driving major changes in programs, procedures and methodology
- Collaborating with our software developers and professionals
- Reporting to the IT Development Team Leader and / or team members concerning day-to-day progress and issues
In addition to the above, you must ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 standards, have a minimum of five years previous experience in a similar role, possess a wealth of IT technical skills and a practical knowledge of planning, executing and reporting on various forms of testing.
If this Birmingham-based, IT software developer role sounds of interest to you, please click the apply now button!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job