IT Software Deveoper
My client is a leading law firm that combines creativity, commerciality and clarity. They work with blue-chip companies, leading organisations, high street brands and individuals across the country.
Their multi-disciplinary team delivers a broad range of specialist legal services, and particularly stands out for its expertise across sectors including, but not limited to: energy, education, banking and financial services, investment funds, healthcare and advanced manufacturing.
They are looking for an IT Software Developer to join their Birmingham-based IT team. This role is to develop, implement and support business system solutions in response to business requirements. You will work on a mixture of application foundations, some with a more SQL Server Database slant, others more focused on ASP.Net and VB.Net.
This is a good opportunity to build a career with the firm, taking ownership over areas of projects and supporting others in the team as you progress your own skills.
Your key duties will include:
- Requiring analysis to gain an understanding of business needs to develop level of effort estimates, software design and development, unit testing
- Developing reliable, innovative and scalable technology solutions to meet organisational needs and process improvements
- Managing development items to closure within time, cost and quality constraints
-Translating user requirements into detailed design specifications to deliver effective solutions in an agile environment
- Creating and maintaining application documentation including; Technical Specifications, Knowledge Base / Know How Articles and other project artefacts as required
- Ensuring internal compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 standards
- Providing assistance in risk and best practice improvement projects
- Apply for the full job spec!
- A minimum of 5 years' previous experience in a similar role
- A strong background in application development, with the desire to research and learn new skills and technologies as they become available
- Practical knowledge of planning, executing and reporting on various forms of testing; including system or integration testing, performance and regression testing
- A knowledge of a variety of software development approaches and methodologies
- Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches
- Experience in producing software specifications
- Knowledge of full software development lifecycle
A sound knowledge of the below systems:
SQL Server 2008 R2+
ASP.Net / Net Framework
C# and VB languages
WCF/ Web services
IIS, website setup / SSL certificates
Markup languages / JSON
It would also be beneficial to have experience in:
Responsive Web Design (such as Bootstrap)
Object Orientated approach
Content Management systems
Knowledge of Axxia product
LINQ / Entity Framework
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Please contact Emily Flewitt, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.