Our client is a leading law firm that is growing organically and looking to double in size. They work with blue-chip companies, leading organisations, high street brands and individuals across the country.
Their multi-disciplinary team delivers a broad range of specialist legal services, and particularly stands out for its expertise across various sectors.
They are looking for an IT Software Developer to join their Birmingham-based IT team. This role is to develop, implement and support business system solutions in response to business requirements. You will work on a mixture of application foundations, some with a more SQL Server Database slant, others more focused on ASP.Net and VB.Net.
This is a good opportunity to build a career with the firm, taking ownership over areas of projects and supporting others in the team as you progress your own skills.
Your key duties will include:
- Requiring analysis to gain an understanding of business needs to develop level of effort estimates, software design and development, unit testing
- Developing reliable, innovative and scalable technology solutions to meet organisational needs and process improvements
- Managing development items to closure within time, cost and quality constraints
-Translating user requirements into detailed design specifications to deliver effective solutions in an agile environment
- Creating and maintaining application documentation including; Technical Specifications, Knowledge Base / Know How Articles and other project artefacts as required
- Ensuring internal compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 standards
- Providing assistance in risk and best practice improvement projects
- Apply for the full job spec!
- A minimum of 5 years' previous experience in a similar role
- A strong background in application development, with the desire to research and learn new skills and technologies as they become available
- Practical knowledge of planning, executing and reporting on various forms of testing; including system or integration testing, performance and regression testing
- A knowledge of a variety of software development approaches and methodologies
- Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches
- Experience in producing software specifications
- Knowledge of full software development lifecycle
A sound knowledge of the below systems:
SQL Server 2008 R2+
ASP.Net / Net Framework
C# and VB languages
WCF/ Web services
IIS, website setup / SSL certificates
Markup languages / JSON
Desirable experience in:
Responsive Web Design (such as Bootstrap)
Object Orientated approach
Content Management systems
Knowledge of Axxia product
LINQ / Entity Framework
- Application Development
- Software Development