What impact will you make? The Opportunity
The SharePoint Community Trainer is a new role within the IT Services (ITS) function and part of the SharePoint infrastructure support team. This is a great opportunity to engage directly with practitioners to help them make more effective use of SharePoint and assist them with developing their SharePoint sites. This role also has a secondary role of assisting the SharePoint team as required on support and infrastructure matters.
This role will fulfil three primary functions. The first function is to provide training services to the Business Community in a structured manner. The second function is to provide the Business Community with an "out of the box" (OTTB) development service. The third role is to provide Business Analysis at the local level.
This role will also cover other important secondary functions; driving adoption; attaining value from SharePoint by delivering applications, not infrastructure, through a well-defined demand management process; delivering SharePoint as a set of discrete business services through Service Management practices.
Finally, this role will provide secondary support services to the SharePoint team in times of absence.
As the IT function is spread over multiple locations, including India, you will be expected to communicate and collaborate effectively with remote colleagues.
This role can be based out of any of our UK offices, with occasional travel to London.
This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility then please do discuss with us.
- Provide input in to evaluation, design, and integration of training to the Business
- Use of metrics to gauge training needs and effectiveness of delivered training
- Business community engagement to drive adoption of SharePoint in the business
- Work closely with practitioners and vendors to provide application support and assistance for solutions related to SharePoint services
- Provide input in to evaluation, design, and integration of new technologies into SharePoint Front End Application (e.g. SSRS, Visio Services) utilising the App model
- Use proactive measures to engage business community on most effective use of SharePoint
- Engagement with SharePoint technical team to ensure operational alignment with proffered customisations
- Provide assistance to the Technical SharePoint Team operating under a best practice, ITIL framework during absences and major incidents in 3rd line support for SharePoint services.
- Respond to service outages which affect Deloitte’s business operation and reputation, including out of hours escalations as part of a 24 x 7 on-call rota
- SharePoint 2013/SharePoint 2010 working knowledge of application front end, including SharePoint on premise and online services
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in defining and maintaining a governance model for the SharePoint platform.
- Experience of delivering operational services to end user
- Experience of customising sites and creating workflows using SharePoint Designer
- Experience of managing SharePoint security
- Experience of creating and supporting InfoPath forms
- Experience in generic business processes
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organisation
- Sound understanding of the ITIL framework
- Able to build solid relationships and collaborate amongst multiple stakeholders
You are here: Internal Client Services
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a 'typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Applications are an essential requirement of running a business. You can make a difference to our practitioners by ensuring the applications are well managed and continually improving. You can help the new team to achieve these goals.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 144628
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job