Working within the Test Team in ITS Projects to carry out test planning, scripting and execution activities to ensure all integrated applications and technology solutions are thoroughly tested. This role will also be required to have a focus on supervisory responsibilities as well as a great attention to detail and the ability to prioritise work according to risk and business focus.
As a Senior Test Analyst you will be working alongside Test Managers to ensure all test activities on projects are executed as per the Test Plan. You will be required to liaise with Project Managers, Technical teams, Test Analysts, Business Analysts, Solution Designers, users to ensure any changes to the Deloitte IT estate meet out quality standards.
As a Senior Test Analyst we expect you to be confident leading functional testing activities in projects and releases. We also expect you to be comfortable with other aspects of testing according to our Test Framework including: planning, technical prep, scripting, non-functional testing & SIT, coordination of UAT and OAT phases, handover to operations.Location
6 month FTCResponsibilities
Test Management 30%
- Planning and estimating testing efforts for various projects and new initiatives.
- Supporting the creation of test plans that can be understood and actioned by other parties both internal and external.
- Developing testing work products and deliverables such as: Test Plans, UAT Plan, OAT Plan, Test Completion Reports
- Providing status reports to Project Managers & Senior Management Team.
- Adherence to the overarching Test team strategy, process & test methodologies
- Liaise with business and ITS stakeholders, including Partners and Directors
- Supervisory duties for Test Analysts, both on-shore and off-shore in their test execution activities to ensure testing is performed in line with Deloitte’s standards and best practices
- Contributing to resource management discussions
Test Execution 60%
- Developing test scenarios following a risk-based approach. Theses should be created from discussions with key stakeholders, requirements documentation, solution design, high level test plan, business process maps and other project documentation
- Ensuring that all technical preparations have been completed prior to commencing test activities i.e. test environments stable and ready for use, entry criteria met, test accounts set-up, access devices ready for testing
- Executing test scenarios and managing results spanning: functional testing; package testing; system & integration testing; aspects of non-functional testing; end user applications; large end user computing deployment testing
- Coordinating and supporting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities as required
- Coordinating and supporting Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT) as required
- Managing and reporting on progress of test activities and against entry & exit criterion
- Maintaining requirements traceability and demonstrating test progress against this
- Using a combination of existing automated (UFT) and manual test scripts to test the installation and basic functionality of the application
- Development of test deliverables such as: UAT Plans, UAT Completion Reports, OAT Plans, Test Completion Reports, Defect Handover Report
- Running pre-defined regression tests to ensure compatibility with existing software on the Deloitte build.
- Conducting full analysis of the results returned and handing over any defects which, upon review, are found to be valid.
- Identification and management of defects through to resolution. This may include leading defect triage sessions
- Develop communications and reports to be shared with Business & Service Owners, Test Manager and key stakeholders as required
Continual improvement & innovation 10%
- Assisting with the integration of new and 3rd party test staff to ensure they adhere to Deloitte testing standard.
- Reviewing and continually improving test scenarios
Supporting the development of the test team by leading an internal focus area. This may be along the lines of: running & maintaining internal lessons learnt or risk discussions; evaluating future test trends and presenting to the team; identifying and owning continual improvement opportunities within the team; testing and trialling new test toolsets
- In depth Test Analyst experience
- Experience with test planning taking a risk-based approach
- In depth knowledge of HP QTP/UFT and HP ALM/Quality Center and Jira/Test Rail
- A thorough knowledge of Test Methodologies e.g. Agile, Waterfall, V-Model etc.
- A professional and confident style, with drive & enthusiasm and with a strong ability to multi-task.
- Strong management, communication, technical and remote collaboration skills are a must with the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with staff at all levels.
- Ability to build good relationships & conduct effective technical discussions with clients, peers and senior staff.
- Agile understanding and experience in working in a scrum team
- Demonstrated ability in applying repeatable quality assurance process and methods to enterprise wide technology projects or initiatives.
- ISEB Software Testing Foundation & Practitioner level certification is mandatory.
- Experience working with team members in offshore and near shore locations
- Experience in working as a service management professional
- A thorough knowledge of Windows 8 and 10 operating systems, Windows 10 Evergreen (WaaS), Office 2013 & 2016 and Citrix environments.
- Strong verbal communication skills and strong administrative skills with a keen attention to detail.
For full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 147395
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job