Join us as an IT Service Specialist with EDF Energy
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
About EDF Energy We want to bring affordable, low-carbon energy to everyone and to do that requires both sharp minds and smart ideas to help shape the UK’s energy future. With the development of a new nuclear power station on the horizon, our goal is to become the best and most trusted energy supplier for our customers, through a combination of trust, transparency and teamwork.
The Role of an IT Service Specialist The IT Specialist will be part of the Nuclear Site IT Services team, in a part time capacity, with a primary focus of supporting the business IT requirements of staff working on their nuclear power stations.
Reporting to the Nuclear Site IT Services Team Leader, the specialist will predominantly work remotely to the station, using appropriate tools and systems, to provide 1st line incident management & remote support. Some 2nd line capability and administrative tasking is likely to be required at the discretion of the team leader.
Additional fleet wide tasking may be required at the discretion of the Nuclear Site IT Services Manager. Site visits may be required to adequately carry out the enduring remote capability and/or provide onsite assistance during specific periods of high demand.
• Provide remote 1st and 2nd line IT support in a highly regulated environment
• Carry out remote support to station staff, in response to incidents logged via the service desk
• Respond and deal with email queries & service issues as which are sent to the team mailbox
• Review and validation of service requests originating from station staff
• Ensure all incidents are handled appropriately in accordance with SLA
• Work effectively and productively with central Enterprise IT, 3rd line support and IT partners
• Resolve local IT issues and deliver additional IT-related services professionally and efficiently while maintaining a high degree of customer service
• Carry out additional IT administrative tasks as necessary (subject to remote capability)
Expected Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience in IT service delivery and operational support in SME or large, heterogeneous environments
• ITIL v3 Foundation certified or sufficient evidence of working and supporting IT services within the ITIL best practice framework
• Competent and experienced in support of MS Windows XP, Windows 7 & Windows 10 PCs/Laptops/tablets and MS Office products in a MS Windows Server 2012/2016 environment.
• A good understanding of LAN infrastructure and topologies, and installation and support of peripheral devices.
• A working understanding of IT and information security principles
• Confidence in problem solving & root cause analysis
• Excellent customer facing skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must be dynamic, have high standards and integrity and be a good communicator.
• Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA
• Experience in Prince 2 or equivalent project management exposure, while not essential, would be highly beneficial.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'