My client is a specialist provider of bioanalytical, metabolism and biomarker services to pharmaceutical and biotech companies, supporting development of small and large molecule therapeutics, from discovery through to post-marketing.
To ensure that IT functions are run smoothly and in compliance with pertinent company policies and procedures at all times.
• Ensure high levels of service are maintained at all times in the IT areas
• Assume responsibility for the IT systems as required
• Provide training in the use and care of the company’s IT facilities
• Act as technical expert for software used for the collection of laboratory data
• Ensure all IT systems are used in accordance with current company SOPs
• Manage the implementation of software for the collection of laboratory data (such as Watson LIMS, Labnotes ELN, Analyst, MassLynx etc…)
• To assess and identify areas and processes within YBS where improvements in efficiency or integrity using IT could be made and bring these to the attention of management
• Carry out system improvements as directed by management
• Inform management of any staff within the laboratory who frequently fail to work in a good scientific/GLP/safe manner
• Attend client QA and regulatory visits and site tours
• Negotiate discounts with IT service providers
• Line-management responsibility for allocated personnel
• Assume the role of IT System Administrator (or Deputy) as detailed in the latest approved version of the company Software System Administrators document
• Write and review IT related Standard Operating Procedures
• Perform all work to the standards of GLP
• Perform work in compliance with GCP where required
• Perform work in compliance with the appropriate quality and scientific regulations
Qualifications and experience
The Information Technology Services Manager should:
• Be educated to degree level or higher.
• Have a minimum of eight years’ experience in IT, three of which should have involved working in a regulated environment and or management.
• Understand and have adhered to the current data protection regulations and IT Standards.
• Understand and have experience of project management using Prince 2 or similar project management frameworks.
• Understand and have experience of ITIL.
• Experience managing Help Desk and remote support tools
• Be Microsoft MCSE qualified.
• Understand and have experience of Active Directory and Group Policies.
• Understand and have experience of the setup and management of Hyper V.
• Understand and have experience of backup tools and NAS solutions.
• Understand and have experience of managing Oracle and SQL databases.
• Be able to create macros and VB in Excel and Word.
• Be a proficient and confident communicator, with clients, regulators and other external contacts.
Although this is not essential, a degree in any of the following scientific areas would be fantastic alongside the IT experience:
* Biomedical Science
* Pharmaceutical Analysis
* Industrial Biology/biology
• Occasional heavy lifting e.g. sample boxes, equipment as necessary
Required to wear personal protective clothing, e.g. laboratory coat, safety spectacles, gloves, protective footwear, etc., as required
Salary: This is very much dependent on experience and Industry knowledge but will be discussed at Interview Stage.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills to apply for this role then we want to hear from you.
Samcra Resourcing are an outsourced CV screening company, our clients like to make sure that they are only dealing with relevant applications however please be assured that once you pass the screening process you will be informed of the hiring company and it will be the hiring manager dealing with your application directly.