Are you a proactive and customer focused IT Service Desk Technician, used to maintaining and providing 1st line IT support?
If you have strong understanding of software, operating systems, networks and VoIP/PBX and at least 1 years’ experience providing 1st Line technical support in a fast paced environment, the this is the job for you!
Reassured are a growing Life Insurance brokerage, and we are already the largest in the UK. We have appeared in the 'Times top 100 companies to work for list’ for the last 4 years.
Successful candidates will have excellent communication and customer service skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to question non-technical colleagues about technical issues, in order to quickly diagnose the problem and communicate the solution in a timely fashion.
The role will involve:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Troubleshooting system and network problems including diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults and talking staff through a series of actions to resolve technical issues
- Testing and evaluating new technology and supporting the rollout of new applications
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant repairs
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
You will need:
- At least one year’s experience in supporting a mixed Windows/Linux environment including Active Directory, GPO, WSUS, MS Exchange (2010+), and MS Office (2007+);
- Great problem solving skills and logical thinking
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fastidious attention to detail;
- Flexible can-do attitude;
- Desire for personal development and learning;
- Comfortable travelling to different UK office locations, often involving overnight stays of 2/3 night at a time;
In return we can offer career progression in a growing IT department at the heart of a successful and growing company.
Full Job Description available on request.
- Operating Systems
- Service Desk
- 1st Line