Our client has an exciting opportunity for an IT Service Desk Officer to join their team based in Northwich. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of £20,245 per annum.
IT Service Desk Officer – Job Role
- To deliver a proactive and customer focused IT service.
- To be part of the frontline of system and application support within a busy service desk team, acting as the primary point of contact for all internal customers.
- To maintain excellent connections to the IT service customer base and play a proactive role in future service developments.
- To actively promote the IT service and act as a technology and software champion by delivering customer focussed services including customer training as new IT services and /or IT systems are implemented.
Responsibilities as their IT Service Desk Officer
- To take direction and guidance from the IT Service Desk Analyst for all day to day service related activity.
- To provide 1st and 2nd line technical support for all IT systems and applications.
- To provide a support function for both the IT Infrastructure and IT Information teams, which will offer opportunities to develop skills in both disciplines.
- To ensure accurate recording of incidents and requests including categorisation and prioritisation according to agreed SLA’s.
- Take full ownership of allocated tickets ensuring customers are updated in a timely manner, escalating promptly where necessary.
- Support and maintain the Trust’s communication systems, including but not limited to fixed and mobile.
- To work with 3rd party support companies in relation to problem resolution.
- To carry out maintenance of hardware / build configurations and perform all necessary repairs.
- Maintain the inventory of assets throughout the Trust, following processes and procedures to ensure that the inventory is kept up to date for audit and insurance purposes.
- To provide support to customers at external sites, occasional travel will be required.
- To carry out routine checks on systems and equipment and take appropriate actions in response to problems.
Key Skills and Qualifications needed to become their IT Service Desk Officer
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent level of operational experience.
- Experience of delivering a high standard of customer support through a variety of channels, such as telephone, email and other IT systems.
- Experience of working to deadlines and within agreed SLA’s.
- Strong administration, information gathering and recording expertise to help resolve customer requests.
- Logical problem solving skills with technical aptitude.
- Confident when dealing with external suppliers and service providers.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure with a strong customer ethos.
- Able to work within and contribute positively to a team whilst upholding a strong ‘one-team’ ethic and behaves professionally at all times.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrates an ability to establish good working relationships.
- Takes responsibility when problems have been identified, seeking opportunities to make decisions to move things forward escalating only when necessary.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their IT Service Desk Officer then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 19th February 2018
Interviews: 23rd February 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job