Ajilon is seeking an experienced IT Service Manager to be based onsite with our client, a highly respected Financial Services business based in Edinburgh city centre. This role will work in partnership with our client's expectations where you will drive continuous improvement and service excellence in order to deliver a highly effective out-sourced service.
Your role will be key in managing and running a formal service desk function, developing our service desk team and introducing new ways of working, within an ITIL environment. You will understand the importance of the Service Desk in the bigger picture of IT Delivery and posses a strong understanding of prioritisation & the ability to understand & deliver against competing, multiple & different customer needs/demands. You will be innovative and improvement driven with excellent stakeholder management skills and have a strong background in leadership and coaching skills.
Main responsibilities include:
- SLA management, ensuring response & resolution of issues is achieved within agreed times and negotiating new agreements with internal customers based on changing business needs
- Map ITSM processes such as Problem & Change Management in line with business requirements
- Effective team management ensuring an agreed minimum level of service delivery at all times, ensuring a proactive approach to internal customer support, dealing with potential issues before they happen.
- Instil rigorous practices within the team, ensuring complete and accurate logging of all calls and incidents. Understand that critical evaluations will be based on core metrics such as logged calls and resolution times.
- Provide monthly Service Report based on monthly ticket data highlighting Major Incidents, Problem Areas, Trends, Volumes including short summary of analysis on team(s) performance and action plans.
- Ensuring service documentation which is used by customers and IT support teams is properly maintained and communicated to ensure common understanding of the service components and common expectation of service levels.
- Supporting and promoting a service culture which actively champions customer needs whilst balancing against internal IT constraints.
- Effectively managing the team as a whole, and individuals in order to obtain maximum performance and efficiencies
- Be willing to take a hands on approach as and when necessary
- Develop strong working relationships with internal key stakeholders.
- Monitor 'real time' performance of inbound queues considering agent availability;
- Strong understanding of prioritisation & the ability to understand & deliver against competing, multiple & different customer needs/demands
- Perform proactive analysis of performance data, define and implement procedures to improve service delivery and quality.
- Management of day to day performance of agents with regards to productivity, SLA's, customer satisfaction and efficiency'
- Conduct Performance Reviews and Face-to-face feedback sessions
- Agents' Scheduling;
- Manage Availability and Utilization of resources;
- Follow-up on escalated issues from Customer
To be considered, you will be able to demonstrate a strong track record in a similar environment
- Two years' experience working as a Service Desk Manager as part of an IT service team
- Service Desk and Call Centre reporting experience
- Sound knowledge of ITIL and associated Service Management processes including incident, problem and change.
- A broad & up-to-date understanding of network infrastructure, including Windows servers, desktops & laptops, virtualisation, firewalls, switches, VoIP & connectivity
- Demonstrable experience of having delivered Incident, Problem & Knowledge Management
- Demonstrable leadership ability in creating a strong culture of Service Excellence & Continual Service Improvement
- Ability to produce effective process and service support documentation that is relevant to the different IT and Business teams.
- Strong analytical skills to enable quick understanding of technology, IT / business processes and business impact of issues.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and influencing skills across organisational boundaries and across different levels.
- Ability to take ownership and drive issue investigation as required to reach resolution.