IT Service Desk Analyst temporary contract vacancy in large public sector organisation
£11.65 per hour (within scope of IR35) 37 hours per week
Hays Technology are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation in Birmingham to recruit several IT Service Desk Analysts on a contract basis until the end of October 2021.
Our client is looking for experienced IT Service Desk Analysts with excellent customer service skills to assist their high performing team during a busy period of time.
The purpose of the role is to receive and handle requests for IT support by phone and email following agreed procedures. You will be responding to common requests for support by providing information to enable resolution and promptly allocate unresolved calls as appropriate.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
* Following agreed procedures, receive and handle requests for information, and provide routine advice to users on systems, products and services which are available to them.
* Following agreed procedures, receive and handle requests for support, provide information to enable problem resolution and promptly allocate unresolved calls as appropriate.
* Carry out routine collection of information and record as directed. Report and escalate unforeseen or exceptional events.
* Document all work to comply with the standards, including reporting details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated.
* Within skills and experience, provide assistance to users. Request assistance, according to escalation procedures, keeping records of each request, contact information and action taken, including feedback to user.
Skills and experience required in order to apply:
* Previous experience as a Service Desk Analyst.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Knowledge of the IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc) and the IT applications and service processes used within own organisation.
* Installation, testing and commissioning of supplier specific equipment and software in all legitimate operational environments.
* The knowledge and ability to install and maintain hardware systems in a way that ensures they operate within their planned specification and are safe to use by those authorised to work with them.
* The use of everyday desktop software for example: word processing, spreadsheets, graphics.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'