The IT Service Desk Analyst is part of the IT Service Desk team. Here the post holder will be responsible for supporting end users with both incidents and service requests. Also responsible for responding to end user requests or issues via the telephone, email and through the call logging system.
The post holder holder will engage with end users to solve technical issues both reactively and proactively. Liaising with other teams within I.T. to progress incidents swiftly, accurately and with customer service in mind.
Teamwork with both the Infrastructure and Service Desk teams is critical to deliver the best end user experience, so communication in verbal and written forms is paramount.
The IT Service desk analyst must have the drive to seek solutions and do this in the best way possible to deliver great customer service.
- Provides direct support to customers on applications and hardware in relation to Service Requests and incidents
- Responds to customer inquiries concerning system software, applications and Hardware
- Provides immediate customer assistance for emergency/urgent/VIP incidents as defined in service definition
- Documents and logs all contacts and actions into the Service Desk ticketing system as per specified guidelines
- Provide progress updates to customers regarding incidents or service requests
- Escalates to technical support engineers, Desktop Engineers, System Engineers or 3rd party suppliers if a customer issue is unresolved, with concise description, actions, and traces required for escalation of "bugs" and/or "request for assistance"
- Follows customer issues through to completion to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction have been achieved
- Assist in creating technical documents and training material
- Involvement in company work groups who plan direction of Customer Support work processes and procedures
- Participate in customer and company focus groups
- Participates in off-site travel to customer locations, training schools and other required facilities
- Addition responsibilities as required
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office products
- Good working knowledge of all common technologies used in the desktop user environment, including printers, monitors, docking stations, phones etc.
- Understanding of ITIL practices preferable but not required
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to deal calmly, positively and professionally in tense or elevated situations and with upset or frustrated customers
- Responsible; able to manage time effectively and work efficiently, both with and without direct supervision
- Ability to understand the I.T. strategy and how this role fits with the overall plan
- Focus toward and understanding of the customer needs
- Mentor others
- Interpersonal Skills, specifically working with co-workers, customers, and management
- Dependability and Accessibility
- Natural inclination to engage with people and build effective working relationships
- Committed to delivering solutions through teamwork and collaboration
- Positive thinker with a desire to improve the customer experience and resolve issues.
Sound like YOU? Please get in touch today!
- Call Logging
- Delivering Solutions
- Support Engineers
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'