Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 12,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
IT Service Desk Analyst – 12 Month Temporary Contract
£24,245 per annum
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 12,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The IT Service Desk Analyst will be a proactive team player within the Information Systems department. You will provide effective IT support and outstanding customer service to the Group’s internal customers.
The role of IT Service Desk Analyst will include:
- Resolving customers technical queries effectively while providing excellent customer service
- Ensuring that customers are kept up to date with progress and that calls progressed to other teams contain accurate and relevant information
- Keeping abreast of all new products and services and share ideas and knowledge to other members of the team
- Identifying, proposing and evaluating any possible service improvements, be that to systems, applications or processes.
Skills and experiences:
- An NVQ in Customer Service Administration or knowledge and experience at an equivalent level
- Effective communication, both written and verbal, is required, as you will be communicating with all levels of staff across the entire Sanctuary Group
- A good understanding of iTIL Framework would be an advantage
- Experience working within a customer service driven role and providing IS support including System Administrator and Active Directory
- You will have excellent communication skills as well as excellent knowledge of Service Desk Systems, Housing Systems, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 20 March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.