IT Service Desk Analyst (Tier 1) - Leeds
Level of role AG 1
Division Information Technology
Purpose of the Role
To work as part of the Service Team delivering high quality IT service to Addleshaw Goddard's internal customers. To provide the first point of contact for our customers and to provide a first time fix wherever possible. To effectively triage calls so that if they are escalated initial checks have been done effectively and good investigative detail is provided for other IT teams. The role is based in Leeds but from time to time it be necessary to work from one of the other offices.
The hours required are 35 hours per week and this will be part of a rota covering the hours of service offered to the business. Undertake weekend, International and bank holiday support, based in the office and according to a national rota.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service in all interactions with customers.
- Provide 1st line Service Desk assistance to those customers seeking support via the central support number; email or face to face by resolving issues at the first point of contact whenever possible.
- Provide good quality triage to all calls. If escalation is needed you will be responsible for providing good quality documentation of the work done to provide the escalation teams with the necessary information needed for further investigation.
- Use the call logging software to record the details of all calls, enter updates, track status and resolution.
- To take an active part, from time to time, in "ad-hoc" projects with regard to the firm's equipment. This will necessitate attending appropriate meetings and carrying out some of this work outside core hours. Projects may include trainee desk moves, hardware upgrades and completion support.
- Responsible for following IT processes and seeking to improve those processes where appropriate.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- A proven team player who is able to work closely and effectively with colleagues on the Service Desk to ensure the rapid and correct resolution of IT challenges
- Excellent timekeeping as the shift-based working of the Service Desk team demands self-motivation and high personal standards in order to provide a seamless service to both internal and external clients.
- A professional appearance reflective of the nature of the firm is essential at all times.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Basic understanding of hardware knowledge of PCs, peripherals, iPads/phones and BlackBerry
- An outstanding customer service ethos and able to demonstrate such through examples.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'