IT Service Desk Analyst - 3rd Line Microsoft Specialist (365/Azure)
£38,000 - £42,000 plus Benefits and on call allowance
Role Specific Tasks
- This post is the escalation point from 2nd line support for queries or issues that require infrastructure support and triage due to complexity of the technology challenges presented.
- Accurately capture and process customer support requests to the agreed standards using the company ITSM tool.
- Ensure all customers are proactively communicated with in line with company guidelines, management principles and adhere to company’s SLA’s within an ITIL Framework.
- Answering incoming calls and acknowledging emails in a timely manner.
- Assist with the Incident Management team, where appropriate, in identifying and resolving Major / P1 / P2 incidents, gather full information and escalate where required.
- Liaise between the Incident Management, Infrastructure Management and Service Delivery Teams. Consulting on infrastructure problems and provide suitable networking solutions across teams
- Troubleshoot and attempt to fix faults within designated parameters.
- Monitor, update and escalate tickets received by email to the next level if appropriate.
- Proactively monitor all outstanding tickets to ensure those that can be, are closed.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- To log all calls on the call logging system and maintain full documentation on the companies CRM tools ensuring consistency and accuracy of all customer data. Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected within the company’s designated knowledge base.
- Respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve and hardware or software problems
- To resolve all IT issues with a professional manner updating the knowledge base articles as appropriate
- To be part of the IT "out of hours" rota fixing business critical (Major P1/P2) faults either remotely or on site as necessary, whilst achieving the SLA
Essential Key Skills
- A Microsoft certification such as an MCSE is desirable
- Excellent troubleshooting skills - deep dive fault finding and investigating IT Issues
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Solutions including implementation of Windows Server platforms, Office 365 migrations, Active Directory, Group Policy, and Exchange Server
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft applications, particularly Teams, Active Directory Services and SharePoint
- Excellent knowledge of O365 as a CSP or Non-CSP solution to the end customer
- Good understanding of Azure Infrastructure services and their limitations
- Experience in configuring & monitoring different attributes and handling scale up and scale down scenarios for the application in Azure
- Provide best practices around provisioning production and non-production environments on Azure to optimize the usage
- Have good understanding in implementation of advanced security, authentication and single sign on across cloud and on premise
- Experience in the hardening of Microsoft environments and best practice security
- Strong understanding of the advantages and limitations of Azure Active Directory
- Strong experience in Azure Platform Services, understanding of their capabilities and limitations and being able to architect and deliver solutions leveraging various platform services
- Experience in defining and implementing Hybrid scenarios with workloads shared across on premise and Microsoft Azure, application Integration between cloud and on-premise environments
- Proven hands-on End User Computing experience including operating system deployment skills for Windows 10
- Experience of designing, building, deploying and supporting Microsoft Infrastructure solutions, including Server and Client Operating Environments (SOE / COE)
- Strong knowledge of IT Infrastructure and related technologies • Extensive knowledge with Infrastructure migration and refresh projects.
- Excellent customer facing communication skills
- Server/network maintenance and administration
- Experience with Email filtering solutions such as Mimecast and troubleshooting mail flow issues on both Exchange and O365
- Experience with Hyper-V or other virtualisation environments and / or thin client environments would be beneficial
- Experience of working on infrastructure projects
- Working in a complex environment
- Team player
- A good working knowledge of PSA and RMM tools such as Autotask and Datto (AEM) or similar
- A good working knowledge of OSX and UNIX/Linux
- A Cisco certification such as CCNA or CCNP is desirable
- Other industry standard qualifications are advantageous
- Service Desk
- Windows Azure
- 3rd Line
- Microsoft Applications
- Microsoft Solutions
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'