Location: 8 Miles outside Cambridge City Centre.
Salary and Benefits include: Negotiable dependent on experience, Company Equity worth about £2,500 per year, 6% bonus, 10% Pension contribution, private medical insurance, 25 days holiday.
On offer is a unique opportunity to work within an environment where people and technology truly change lives by driving advancements in life sciences.
IT Security Engineer - Key Skills:
- 2+ years within a similar IT Security Engineering role.
- Strong IT security engineering experience.
- Strong Unix, Linux and/or Windows administration experience.
- Ability to integrate security into the DevOps process.
- Experience or knowledge of any enterprise grade monitoring/log management tools e.g. Splunk etc.
- Cloud Services experience e.g. AWS
- Relevant degree
- Must have good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
IT Security Engineer - Nice to Have:
- Scripting experience e.g. Bash Shell, Python etc.
- Saas monitoring tools.
- Deployment automation tools e.g. Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation or Ansible etc.
About the role:
As an IT Security Engineer your duties will include:
- Collaborating closely with engineering, operations and technology groups to define and maintain security.
- Identifying, evaluating, provisioning and maintaining controls, providing visibility into the health, and security of our client's environment.
- Evaluating existing controls to identify gaps and areas for improvement.
- Building automation to implement, and integrate security into the DevOps process.
- Building new scripts and tools to act as monitoring plugins using bash shell and Python.
- Building new dashboards and alert boards in Splunk or other tools.
- Windows Server
- IT Security
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job