Tradition is the interdealer broking arm of Compagnie Financière Tradition and one of the world's largest interdealer brokers in over-the-counter financial and commodity related products. CFT is represented in over 28 countries, employing over 2,500 people.
Tradition’s goal is to provide superior client services. It believes its business success is a direct reflection of its employees and recruits. As such, teamwork, creativity, reliability and integrity are components of a work ethic taken very seriously since the company was founded in 1959.
We are hiring a Security Analyst to join our growing Information Security Team in our London office. The team is responsible for information security across Tradition offices in EMEA and the Americas.
We are looking for an information security professional who can hit the ground running; taking responsibility for monitoring our computer networks for security issues, managing incidents and improving technical controls and procedures.
Responsibilities for this role:
- Effectively managing technical security controls and monitoring systems (MDM/Endpoint/IDS/IPS/SIEM/Vulnerability management etc).
- Investigating and documenting security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Expand and operate our Security Operation Centre (SOC) function.
- Coordinating vulnerability management - including scanning, reporting and tracking remediation.
- Contributing to the development of company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Researching improvements to our security controls and presenting recommendations to management.
- Assisting colleagues within IT and the business to understand information security.
- Staying up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Assisting with the continuing development of IT security policies, procedures and guidelines based on ISO 27001 / 27002.
Required key skills, experience and competencies:
- Passion for information security and a demonstrable commitment to the continuous improvement of security controls.
- Experience in working in SOC environment.
- Comfortable working in a small team with wide ranging responsibilities.
- Familiarity with a range of common security platforms, and considered expert in at least one.
- Familiarity with ITIL based incident and change processes in a regulated industry.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as on own initiative.
- Willingness to learn and adapt, with a can do approach.
- Personable with a friendly, confident and approachable manner, whilst maintaining a high degree of professionalism/confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a busy and demanding environment.
- Ability to prioritise a heavy workload in order to meet deadlines and problem solve
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder management skills, project management experience and excellent PC skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred skills, experience and competencies:
- Experience of working with server (Windows & Linux) and Network equipment (Cisco/Juniper), as well as a good knowledge of general Internet protocols and standards.
- Familiarity with financial regulations.
- Formal or informal involvement with one or more information security communities.
- Hold one or more security qualifications (GIAC, CEH, CISSP, CISM) and/or vendor specific certificates ( RHCE, MCSE, Cisco, Juniper certs).