Job titleSecurity Analyst
Location: South west England
Salary: To £35K +Flex Benefits
This complex and large, established account has a new opportunity for an experienced Security Analyst to join their professional team, analysing, responding to and managing security events and incidents and creating and delivering system reports. You do need to be capable of obtaining and maintaining government security clearance for this great opportunity.
- Day to day security operations - core hours, Monday to Friday (08:00-17:00). Provide out of hours support, 1 week in 4.
- Monitoring of security countermeasures and tools
- Analysing, responding to and managing security events and incidents
- Creating and delivering system reports
- Completion of ISO27001:2013 internal audits
- Analysis of system vulnerability assessments
- Experience in managing security mechanisms and/or a background in system administration
- Knowledge and understanding of Security concepts and controls
- A good understanding of Information security best practice, knowledge of current security standards
- Working knowledge and proven experience with incident handling, investigation and remediation best practices
- Experience working in an ITIL environment / knowledge of ITIL best practice
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft operating systems and hardening approaches
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office tools and applications
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team and as an individual
- Good use of initiative
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Find out moreSopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
- system administration
- IT Security mechanisms
- security concepts
- security controls