An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our IT team here at Matalan as a Project Manager. As an IT Project Manager you will manage the delivery of small to medium sized projects. These projects mainly involve one or two third parties; delivery by resources in multiple locations / countries; involving changes primarily to a single IT systems; the introduction, removal or modification to technical architecture and include elements of business change.
Provide sustained project delivery management and assurance across a broad range of application and infrastructure projects, including:
- Setting up the overarching project governance for each project; liaising with all parties to ensure that the defined processes are embedded and adhered to (including 3rd party due diligence; formulation of contracts; organisational structures and roles & responsibilities; stakeholder mapping; escalation paths; reporting and key meetings; communication strategy; planning; risks and issue management; deliverables definition & associated acceptance; change control process; etc.)
- Driving the planning process to develop high level plans for the whole project, and mid-level and detailed plans for each stage/work stream, identifying activities, tasks, dependencies and milestones
- Preparing project briefs and other project management documentation as and when required.
- Securing internal and external IT resources required for each project as and when required
- Managing and tracking of progress (across all teams involved) and budget from concept to closure against plan and take action to minimise slippage, reporting regularly to IT and/or business management as appropriate
- Proactively monitoring the adherence to the governance definition, and implementing improvements for areas of weakness.
- The review and approval of project deliverables on behalf of Matalan IT
- Ensuring the transition and handover of projects into ongoing service and support is facilitated successfully.
Provide sustained financial management and control of the project, including:
Formulating the initial budget and the regular re-estimation of forecast outturn
Ensure efficient and effective use of capital expenditure whilst protecting time and quality
Responsible for working with the wider IT teams and third parties to ensure that each project is delivered on time and to budget; formulating and managing mitigating actions through to closure of risks and issues with budget
Purchase order and invoice administration and reconciliation
Minimum 5 years IT industry experience
Minimum 3 years project / programme management experience including planning, reporting, budgetary and issue/risk management
Business knowledge (retail sector)
Good knowledge across a variety of SDLC methodologies (e.g. waterfall and agile) and best practices
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations
Good influencing and negotiation skills both with internal stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers.
Experience managing IT 3rd party suppliers and partners both on and offshore
Strong analysis and decision-making skills with keen attention to detail
Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills with the ability to work proactively with minimal supervision
Keep up to date with latest project management tools, trends and best practice to help drive innovation and efficiency within the internal IT project management team.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'