At CarShop, we are absolutely committed to making sure our Colleagues have a great place to work, are excited and engaged in what they are doing and are rewarded for their achievements.
Our fantastic benefits package includes:
- 22 days’ holiday that increases with length of service, plus Bank Holidays
- BUPA Private medical insurance options
- Company Car
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare vouchers and cycle to work
- Discounted gym membership
- Life Assurance scheme
Let’s start with the facts
CarShop aims to be the employer of choice within the motor retail industry. We put a lot of time and effort into finding and nurturing the very best candidates for every job, recognising and rewarding your achievements and supporting your personal development.
Achieving this goal will help us maintain our position as the UK’s leading used car supermarket group. It will also enable us to set the standard by which all other motor dealerships and car supermarkets are measured. Established in 1999, CarShop have a £200 million annual turnover, 20,000 + annual retail sales, up to 5,000 cars in group stock at any one time, over 500 employees, 17 years of experience, 5 huge retail stores, and huge ambition for continued innovation and success.
The job in a nutshell
Technology is at the heart of our customer and colleague experiences at CarShop and we see this as core to delivering on our purpose to lead the evolution of the automotive marketplace. CarShop is a successful, rapidly growing business with over 8 million website visitors a year and we get some unusual and interesting technical challenges. We are looking for a highly talented Project Manager to join our in-house team who are responsible for the design and development of our award-winning website as well as our leading edge omnichannel used car retailing platform. You will be working in a fun, dynamic environment and amongst a highly motivated group of people
What you will be doing
- Ensure each project is identified, defined and governed, managed and closed in a manner that ensures benefits and outcomes are realised to the defined parameters and to the expectations of all stakeholders
- Where necessary undertake and apply due diligence to ensure realistic parameters are set and agreed with the executive team
- Prepare project documentation as required and secure the requisite approvals
- Prepare and agree individual project definition
- Define and agree internal and where required external resources to meet the expectations of all stakeholders
- Build the project(s) organisation as appropriate, develop necessary relationships, engage, maintain, direct and motivate the organisation throughout the project(s)
- Obtain support and advice required for management, planning and control of the project
- Identify issues and risks, develop appropriate responses, manage, escalate if required
- Provide timely and quality communication to the project(s) board and stakeholders, both internal and external as required
What we expect from you
As a thriving successful company, we are very selective about whom we employ and our Project Manager role is an important role within our Business. As a growing and performing business we can certainly help you fulfill your career aspirations.
We are looking for someone who has experience in the following:
- Experience in managing multiple projects in a fast paced large, or medium sized business
- Experience in both Agile and Prince2
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and experience of due diligence, discovery, knowledge transfer, training and third-party contract support
- Must be able to positively and confidently challenge developers on solution architecture and task sizing to ensure optimal delivery
- Ideally experience in a retail, e-commerce environment
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline or applicable industry experience.
A recognised qualification or certification in Project or Application Development (e.g Prince2 or Agile) is preferred
- A self-motivated individual with the full range of skills within the discipline of project management and application development that understands the commercial reality of business and the direct impact their actions can have
- Resourceful and with the ability to build relationships within and outside of CarShop quickly and effectively
- A strong team member and player
- Excellent organisational, influencing, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident and able to liaise at all levels within CarShop
- Confident and able to represent CarShop at all levels outside the organisation
- Can demonstrate successful management of projects in a retail/e-commerce, IT or technology context
- Experience in change management and risk management techniques
You will also need to hold a full UK Driving License
What happens next?
Once you have completed your application, our People Team will initially consider your skills and experience based on your CV and application. If suitable, our team will then contact you to advise you of the next stage of our recruitment process.
CarShop is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes all applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job