IT Project Engineer - Eastbourne, East Sussex
Field and Office Based
We are recruiting for an experienced IT Project Engineer for a leading MSP in Eastbourne East Sussex who are growing and looking to recruit a strong experienced candidate with 3 to 4 years experience of working within IT for a MSP at a Project implementation level.
Your role as Project Engineer will be delivering IT Projects, which cover a wide range of infrastructure and desktop technologies. This role would perfectly suit an already experienced project engineer who has experience delivering projects and is comfortable working independently.
Undertake technical reviews of the IT infrastructure of potential new clients, capturing sufficient data to enable us to bid for businessaccurately.
Recommend changes in the infrastructure for existing and potential new clients to meet the clientneeds.
Undertake the technical design for potential infrastructure changes, or other projects to enable a full costing to beundertaken.
Ensure that all projects are well planned, considering reasonable timescales to complete the work, contingency, risk planning, resource availability and client expectations.
Carefully plan the technical and operational aspects of agreed projects, collaborating and communicating internally and where necessary with the client to ensure that all elements of the project have been incorporated into the plan and are well understood.
The ideal candidate will have the following technology knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 3-4 years IT support experience as senior technical role within an MSP environment
- Experience in scope, design and implementation of projects for clients in the small to medium enterprise space
- Experience implementing, supporting and migrating Microsoft Windows Server operating systems 2003, 2008/2008R2, 2012/2012R2 &2016
- Experience implementing, supporting and migrating backup solutions (Examples: StorageCraft, Veeam, Azure)
- Enterprise storage installation, configuration and troubleshooting (Examples: Fibre channel, ISCSI, SAN and NAS)
- Experience configuring and supporting phone systems (Examples: Gamma Horizon, 3CX or other hostedVoIP)
- Configuration and support of Microsoft Windows client operating systems: Windows7 Windows 10
- Configuration and support of Exchange environments: 2010 -2016
- Experience with Office 365 including on premise, hybrid and remotemigrations
- Knowledge of Office 365 product suite & licenses- including Teams, SharePoint Online and Azure security features (MFA,EM&S).
- Strong Networking knowledge covering LAN/vLAN/WANtechnologies.
- Strong virtualisation skillset VMWare/Hyper-V configuration andtroubleshooting
- Knowledge of Active Directory (Azure and Windows Server) and administration of GroupPolicy
- Experience in supporting and migrating file share applications (Examples: folder Anchor, Dropbox, SharePoint, Google drive)
- Experience with scripting tools including WindowsPowerShell
- Enterprise firewall installation, configuration and troubleshooting (Examples: Sonicwall,Draytek)
- Good knowledge of managed switches (Examples: Cisco,Netgear)
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms AWS, Azure,Google
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this full time role is £37,000 to £40,000 dependent on experience
Benefits to include
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Annual worldwide Travelinsurance
- Long Term sicknessinsurance
- Quarterly bonusscheme
- Personal accidentcover
- 4+ team social events peryear
- Local GymDiscount
- Active Directory
- Windows Server
- Delivering Projects
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'