Leading eCommerce technology business going through a period of major growth is now looking for an IT Project Manager coming from a software background to join their product operations team.
Delivery management in product operations are responsible for driving the delivery portfolio of partner and cross-stream programmes. In addition they support strategic programmes and initiatives that cut across multiple departments across all the streams in Technology.
Role & Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of a Delivery Manager is to support the development teams to successfully discover, develop and deliver new initiatives. Any individual project manager will likely be managing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Leading and Influencing
- Create a strong sense of purpose and mission for the development team
- Champion business requirements and communicate these in a compelling way to the development team
- Make effective, strategic decisions, with a clear rationale and using appropriate tools for the scenario
- Lead stakeholders at all levels across the business
- Promote the craft of Delivery Management and share best practice with Technology Delivery Management colleagues and communities of practice.
Planning, Tracking & Delivery
- Define requirements and scope of initiatives by collaborating and partnering directly with their Engineering and Product teams
- Develop, communicate and maintain a clear approach to managing any initiative, including highlighting critical path, key dependencies and milestone dates
- Responsible for forecasting, monitoring and tracking budget and resource usage
- Provide governance to all assigned initiatives to ensure timely and quality delivery
- Organise and execute orderly initiative closures and handovers
- Apply stream domain knowledge and technical concepts/ methodologies to initiative delivery
- Effectively embedded within the relevant development teams to enable effective partnerships for discovering, developing and delivering large scale initiatives
- Establishing strong relationships with other stakeholders across the group who may have a role to play in supporting the successful delivery of these initiatives
- Influence negative stakeholders and take them to a positive position
- Engage teams and individuals to collaborate in a productive and supportive environment to produce idea formation and innovation
- Lead and facilitate inclusive meetings to drive consensus and decision
Risk and Issue Management
- Use a variety of appropriate methods to seek, identify, log and track initiative risks and issues throughout the initiative lifecycle
- Quantify and qualify initiative delivery risk against business impact and take appropriate decisions
- Lead risk and issue mitigation planning and implement strategies
Skills & Experience
- eCommerce and Grocery retail background desirable
- Experience in both waterfall and agile delivery methodologies
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience liaising with and influencing stakeholders across a variant of seniority levels
- Management/leadership experience desirable
- A keen eye and attention to detail
- Integration Software
- Project Delivery
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'