IT Project Assistant
TS Bloor & Sons Ltd is a privately owned cooked meat manufacturer based in Coalville, Leicestershire. The company has been trading for over 100 years and has now established itself as a leading supplier of fine cooked hams throughout the UK.
We are offering an opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic individual who can work and communicate with all levels of people from Directors to Production Operatives in an expanding business. We have recently undertaken an expansion project that doubled the size of our factory and we are integrating a state-of-the art factory management and order processing computer system in operational and administrative areas.
We believe that this role will suit a recently qualified graduate looking to gain valuable experience as an integral part of a Project Management team.The Role
Every day will be different, but some of your responsibilities will include:
- Writing SQL reports and programming
- Reviewing, understanding and documenting T. S. Bloor & Sons sales and production processes
- Providing IT assistance to the management, and technical teams.
- Working collaboratively within the IT Support Team to ensure that all aspects of IT infrastructure and computers meet the needs of our demanding users in a fast-paced environment
- Be involved in the procurement, maintenance and implementation of a range of IT hardware including Touchscreens, Thermal printers, Hand and Retail scanners and all support infrastructure.
- Training and support of a multi-lingual user group with varying IT awareness levels.
Qualifications and Skills
Naturally, you’ll be keen to start or continue a career in IT. You’ll have a practical, hands-on and flexible approach, and you’ll be a great team player and happy to throw yourself into a fast-paced, environment. Ideal candidates will also have:
- Experience and/or knowledge of various networking systems and concepts including email, firewall, clients, servers, network security, network protocols, hubs, switches, patch bays, etc.
- Previous experience with computer repair and printer maintenance.
- Effective communication and organisation skills and the ability to build and sustain productive working relationships with colleagues
- A proactive approach to problem solving, able to ask questions and get information to correctly diagnose computer problems and understand what level of support is needed when a problem is presented
- Willing to take responsibility and manage your own time and tasks
- Able to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
- Experience with managing Microsoft network products including Windows Server 2012 R2, Active Directory and other Server platforms.
You’ll have in-depth knowledge of:
- SQL reporting services,
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating system and General user support High degree of familiarity with Experience with MS Office products - Office 2013, Office 2016 including Skype and Remote assistance services
28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays.
Contributory Pension Scheme
- Sql Server
- Technical Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job