IT Procurement Consultant
This is a Consultancy position at Principal Consultant grade within a Group Procurement team. The role will offer great variety as nature of each assignment will vary dependent on the contractual requirements but may include: Opportunity Assessment, Savings Delivery and Programmes, IT Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Contract and Supplier Relationship Management, Transformation, Project and Programme Management; Engagements may include working across multiple IT categories of spend or require specific subject matter expertise and typically you can expect to be leading on consultancy deliverables or required to work alone.
You will be working within this niche procurement consultancy with a focus on transforming procurement, driving efficiencies and realising cashable savings from third party spend through our range of flexible procurement solutions working across both the public and private sector.
What you will do:
- Utilise tools and methodologies alongside specialist knowledge to deliver procurement processes, procurement projects, transformation and change consistently and efficiently.
- Utilise creativity and innovations to develop solutions and strategies that deliver maximum value cost improvements and benefits to clients.
- Create effective working relationships with stakeholders and senior client sponsors to deliver allocated projects, anticipating and responding to client requirements, managing conflicts and issues.
- Responsible for simultaneously managing large or complex projects (inclusive of across more than one engagement) and leads on client management activities and the coordination of project teams.
- Lead the identification and delivery of innovative and strategic savings initiatives across areas of project responsibility.
- Manage client focussed benefits realisation processes and overarching governance that deliver our client commitments and business targets.
- In addition you will likely have operational line management responsibilities for a number of individuals.
Your experience will include:
- MCIPS qualified or working towards or holding other relevant business qualification.
- Experienced in either the Software and Application category or Telco category with excellent domain knowledge and in-depth contract terminology
- Experienced in developing innovative category strategies through the use of leading category management methodology.
- Demonstrates track record of developing, maintaining and managing client, senior stakeholder and supplier relationships.
- Demonstrates track record in leading supplier selection, negotiation, implementation and complex contract management delivering cost/ savings targets.
- Will have worked in a complex and changing environment with demanding business objectives and in a highly competitive market sector.
- Knowledge of sourcing across complex categories within multiple industry sectors.
- Will ideally have business consultancy experience.
- Experience of direct and indirect people management.
If this sound like you and you would please send an up to date CV to for immediate consideration.
Capita Professional Recruitment welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Professional Recruitment is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.