IT POS Support Engineer
Job Title: IT POS Support Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Salary: £Competitive plus Benefits
An exciting role has arisen for an IT POS Support Engineer to join the IT team!
The purpose of the IT POS Support Engineer is to have overall responsibility of ensuring the test lab is fully operational to support the IT Program Office for new/emergency releases. In addition the POS Support engineer will also be supporting break fix engineers with POS replacements/rebuilds for our retail store estate
We are looking for a technical engineer who will diagnose and troubleshoot software, hardware and network problems for our POS solution.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven track record in a retail IT environment
- Attention to detail and process orientated approach to work
- Familiar with Project Management
- ITIL foundation Level certification is desirable
- Test lab maintenance ensuring tills are operational for testing including till rebuilds and physical movement/removal and installation of hardware where required
- Till Gold build Image - liaise with service vendors including providing files for updating build
- Gold Build Testing - build test tills with updated gold build, assist with troubleshooting build issues with relevant vendors
- Patching tills to the correct version after tills have been replaced or rebuilt across our retail estate
- New application patch deployment to tills
- Software troubleshooting for POS application
- Tills maintenance activity including patching/helping break fix onsite engineer and coordination with HBI support teams
- End to End till Build Documentation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities – projects, deliverables, and stakeholders
- Able to influence peers and management; strong stakeholder management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and verbal / written communication skills
- Self-starter; adaptable to change; motivated to set personal and program goals and proactively track performance against goals and initiatives objectives
- Good personal organisation, productivity and time management skills
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and flexible attitude to work within a diverse environment
- POS Application/hardware support experience
- Imaging/SOE, Management tools, and other productivity products in a networked environment
- Asset and Software Licence Management procedures
- Experience with Altiris management software (patch deployments)
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications up to & including Office 365 & Exchange
- Network support (DNS & DHCP)
- Familiar with DevOps procedures
- Windows 7/ 10
- Good understanding of cloud such as AWS/Azure
- Web browsers and Web related issue troubleshooting
- Active Directory - User management, group policy and software/printer management
- Experience managing Antivirus applications
- Experience with new system deployment
- Desktop / laptop setup
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'