Technology at Vodafone
Millions of people interact with Vodafone Technology every day without even realising it. Our products deliver many essential services that critical to the lives of many different people. We connect all sorts of businesses including banks, shops and the media to and critical services such as the emergency services. Our technology and network is the backbone to everything we deliver and without it we wouldn’t have a business. That’s why we’re investing heavily in it and we need talented people to help us deliver the next wave of innovation.
About the role
The UK IT demand management team is responsible for the management of all business demand agnostic to IT delivery stack and the stakeholder management & governance of the UK capital investment plan to drive business growth.
As an IT Portfolio Manager in the team you will manage the execution of the business areas portfolio roadmap. This role requires plans, direction and coordinating end to end delivery activities to manage and implement interrelated demands/projects for delivery via UK IT & Enterprise IT technical stacks.
You will be accountable for; budget allocation, participating in business demand forums, managing resourcing commitments to support the delivery of the portfolio roadmap, as well as driving the demand governance process.
- Alignment of roadmap to technical releases across UK IT and Enterprise IT aligned to key business critical/go to market dates
- Take ownership for building and maintaining the portfolio delivery plan for execution
- Working with the domain delivery teams across UK IT and Enterprise IT to ensure inflight projects are delivering according to the agreed delivery roadmap, evaluating any financial uplifts required
- Manage the Capex/project Opex allocation across the business portfolio – ensure alignment as part of the financial reforecasting and LRP planning activities
- Drive the demand governance process to manage the triage assessments of demand across the portfolio
- Managing the interdependencies across the portfolio as well as across other stakeholder portfolios; working closely with peer portfolio managers
- Business case development – supporting the business owner in providing the UK IT input to support technology investment. Business cases - working with architecture, domains and release management across UK IT and Enterprise IT
- Proven track record as a IT Portfolio Manager
- Extensive IT Programme Management / IT Project Management Experience
- Proven leadership skills to drive change and deliver business outcomes
- Excellent Stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Managing complex portfolios and programmes end to end
- Extensive Experience of planning, budgeting, financial management and governance
- Understanding of Telecoms and IT – Fixed and Mobile
- Business and IT Transformation and Change experience in Transformation
- Technical Knowledge is an advantage - Oracle ECS, CPQ solutions, Billing & CRM solutions
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.