IT Operations Team Lead - SW - Cambridge
Schneider Electric Software
Schneider Electric is an innovative and trusted provider of software andservices that improve productivity and profitability for production, manufacturingand infrastructure industries. Our software solutions allow customers todeliver sustainable performance with flexibility and agility to addressevolving market requirements.
First and foremost is our openapproach. It’s about providing an environment that encourages personal growthand recognizes and rewards success. Schneider Electric offers a clearlydifferent employment experience than other global organizations. We don’t placelimits on what people can achieve.
We do this by:
- Providing an exciting and challenging environment in a respected, highly successful and growing company where success is built by the people who work here
- Being performance-oriented: developing, recognizing and rewarding a ‘can-do’ approach, great performance and personal achievement
- Expecting colleagues to challenge each other and continuously seek opportunities to do things better
- Valuing people who solve problems and thrive on challenges
- Creating new opportunities for personal growth by supporting the training and development of our people
- Working collaboratively with others to achieve shared success
- Being open and transparent as an organization
- Encouraging people to make a positive contribution and express their point of view without fear
- Providing an environment in which people can shape their own career paths
- Nurturing courageous people who want to make big things happen – and providing them the environment to do it
- Manage a number of software deployment and projects
- Gather client requirements and feedback, working with consultants and product managers to develop a project plan and ensure a viable implementation
- Develop a trusted relationship with the customer through delivering their requirements
- Oversee project team interactions coordinating project elements and communicating project progress, both internally and to customers
- Plan transition of responsibility to support team once project delivery is complete
- Work with senior technical staff to improve and mature deployment project management processes
Spiral Software has a strong development focus,with over two thirds of our staff in software development roles. We provideindustry-leading technology for the process industries, focusing in particularon the oil and petrochemicals sector.
We are committed to maintaining and building ourtechnology lead making significant investments into research and developmenteach year. Our tools are the established industry leader in crude oil selectionand refinery modelling, allowing our clients to make optimal use of availablefeedstock while maximising safety and minimising environmental impact.
They play a business-critical role for over 100companies, including all the oil majors. Our new supply chain toolset, launchedin 2010, expands the scope of our tools into a much broader market. A strongdevelopment roadmap will add further modules for scheduling and logisticsmanagement as well as addressing other process industries, such as food &beverage, chemicals, mining and pharmaceuticals.
The Spiral IT Operations Team is responsible for:
- Providing IT services for the Schneider ElectricSoftware GB business with a focus on the infrastructure and applications thatsupport the R&D and SaaS environments
- Design, setup and maintenance of Spiral’s internalinfrastructure, including servers, network fabric, client desktop and laptops.
- Design, setup and maintenance of Spiral’s internalsoftware platform including domain, core services, client operating systems andtools.
- Design, setup and maintenance of Spiral SaaSresources and delivery platform.
- Helpdesk and user support for Spiral employees.
Spiral is currently recruiting for a Team Lead forthis IT Operations Team. The role responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and improving IT services forinfrastructure, user support and R&D applications.
- Recruitment, training and professional developmentfor the team.
- Ownership and management of IT infrastructureprojects.
- Hands-on involvement in the execution of IT supporttasks.
- Procurement including computer hardware, softwarelicensing and asset management.
- Work with business leaders to develop IT strategyfor R&D and Customer Facing services.
- Interacting closely with business leaders, you willhelp plan and drive the IT strategy to meet Spiral IT needs now and in thefuture, planning for growth in the areas you identify and planning to takeadvantages of the latest technological developments to maintain Spiral's ITadvantage
We are looking for applicants who have astrong academic record with a degree in a technical, engineering or scientificsubject combined with experience in technical and managerial roles. Applicantsmust have a broad level of general IT knowledge but also be able to demonstrateseveral areas of expertise. A strong interest in IT, computing hardware, cloudservices and software development is highly desirable.
A strong technical background, good communicationskills and problem-solving abilities are essential. Successful applicants willbe flexible, self-motivated and will work well as part of a team.
- Degree in IT, scientific, engineering ormathematical subject.
- Experience of managing, growing and motivating ateam effectively.
- Experience of managing a Microsoft stack corporateIT environment, including server operating systems, firewall, intrusionprevention, backup, anti-virus and remote access systems.
- Experience of managing supplier relationships.
- Strong understanding of computer hardware andsoftware systems, including server applications.
- Experience of managing secure environments andservice segregation, including externally facing web applications, DMZs, andfirewalls.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"