The IT Operations Manager is expected to provide leadership to Pathology First’s IT solution that ensures the continuous running of the laboratory services.
The role is based at our central hub in Basildon and will require regular travel to surrounding areas, including occasional travel to other SYNLAB UK sites.
- Managing applications - The provision of a fully functioning LIMS solution working across three laboratories and Emergency services Laboratories (ESL) in Basildon and Southend Hospitals (applicantions: Clinisys WinPath Enterprise, SampleNet, PathManager, Beckman Remisol, Kiestra digital microbiology, Epicentre, SwiftQueue phlebotomy booking).
- Managing infrastructure - To manage the WAN, LAN, Servers, Telecoms and communications and all associated 3rd party suppliers, users and IT staff. Manage and continually enhance the provision of a helpdesk facility (first line support) to ITIL standards.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of delivering to deadlines
- Computer Science/Maths or IT related degree supported by relevant post-graduate qualifications creating highly developed specialist IT knowledge accompanied by extensive practical experience at management level
- Familiarity and experience of managing applications based upon Oracle and SQL databases
- Good knowledge and experience of desktop/ office applications
- Experience of having proactively driven IT service improvements (at least two that can be referenced)
- Experience of having worked with large health applications (EPR, diagnostic, pharmacy, pathology) as systems manager, administrator, technical lead including at least one LIMS
- Experience of managing external service providers
- Experience of working with health data, information governance hence having a clear understanding of the obligations and responsibilities of confidentiality
- Good time-keeping, reliability and adaptability
iPP/ SYNLAB in the UK is a trusted expert in clinical laboratory services, drug and alcohol testing and food testing. We provide a wide range of testing capabilities and advanced pathology services through to the most innovative molecular and genetic diagnostic tests available today.
- Project Management
- Business Operations