Chase Resourcing International are delighted to announce that we are recruiting a IT Operations Manager for one of our major clients based in Munster.
Main Responsibilities of the IT Operations Manager include:
- Providing implementation/planning/ leadership and subject matter expertise in the areas of: IT applications, infrastructure, telephony, network, organisational intelligence (data), etc.
- Management of operational & technical projects ensuring that they are of the highest quality and delivered on time and within budget.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including cloud migration strategy and feature adoption.
- Lead IT infrastructure purchasing decisions and operational budget allocation.
- Ensure accurate monitoring, logging, metrics, and alerting of network connectivity and service availability.
- Promote a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement, quality and accountability.
- Identify and recommend new technologies, both proprietary and open source, that will further benefit our systems and network operations.
- Promote Infrastructure as code (IAC), to manage configurations and automate provisioning of infrastructure and the configuration of servers.
- Deliver weekly status reports with performance trending analysis.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Experience Required for the IT Operation Manager role:
- Experience in leading a technology team, including employee development/management.
- Proven experience in the leading of operations and technical implementation projects.
- Working knowledge across the whole spectrum of IT-related functions (including servers), infrastructure, virtualization, telephony, relational databases, and cloud technologies.
- Understanding of data analysis, data warehousing, and business intelligence tools.
- Understanding of On Prem to Cloud evolution and knowledge when to use which one, as well as experience working with public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
- LEAN, Agile, and ITSM knowledge is preferred.
- 3rd level qualification in IT or related discipline
- Proactive self-starter that possesses initiative, resourcefulness, good judgement, and the ability to think critically/strategically.
- Innovative, independent thinker with a collaborative team approach.
- Ability to work effectively with partners and peers.
- Passionate about technology and providing high level customer service.
- Highly organized, efficient, and attentive to detail, with excellent follow-through.
- Eagerness to learn new techniques/technologies and has a positive can-do attitude.
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of IT operations/infrastructure/services.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time, with accuracy.
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.