Our client are a fast growing digital business.
Due to continued growth they now require an IT Operations and Security Manager to join the team.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the IT Operations Team, ensuring a successful IT provision to the wider organisation.
- Serve as IT subject matter expert (SME), developing the overall IT strategy for the business, including data security and disaster recovery.
- Provide advice, when required, to help maintain security knowledge base and completion of customer security audit documents.
- Develop corporate security policies and ensure these are understood and adhered to by the wider business.
- Supervise and provide support, advice, and practical help to individual members of the IT team, ensuring they can deliver a quality service in line with processes, industry regulations and security best practice.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with all relevant areas of the company, and with the appropriate stakeholders within partner/client organisations.
Responsibilities: IT Operations
- Lead the planning and implementation of internal IT upgrade projects.
- Ensure all infrastructure security requirements dictated by the annual ISO27001 audit are identified, implemented and in the event of audit actions resulting, ensure they are closed in line with audit requirements.
- Provide technical authority on changes relating to infrastructure security both for on premise solutions and in the cloud.
- Monitor and police key services (email, internet, Wi-Fi etc.) in line with company policy to ensure correct usage and to take corrective actions where appropriate.
- Provide an escalation point for IT troubleshooting.
- Create and maintain comprehensive IT documentation.
Providing technical consultation, training, support and mentoring to IT Support staff
Manage team’s workload, ensuring that prioritisation of tasks aligns with defined completion requirements and deadlines.
- Execution of proactive, effective and efficient IT support.
- Response and resolution times for network, software and systems issues.
- Management of workload and meeting of deadlines.
- Effective co-ordination and development of team members.
- Continued ISO27001 certification.
- Relevant degree (or similar) in computer science or related technology.
- An understanding of security, risk and IT standards, policies and frameworks including
ISO27001 and ITIL.
- Capable of developing procedures and able to create documents that satisfy ISO27001 requirements.
- Understanding of security management, networks, operating systems (Linux, macOS and
Windows) and security tools and technologies.
- 5+ years’ IT Management experience within a small organisation (30 to 100 users)
- 2+ years’ experience leading a team of IT Support Analysts.
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to work to deadlines with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to drive through strategic change initiatives in line with the business defined requirements.
- Ability to coach inexperienced members of the team and influence department processes with industry best practice.
- Holds the ISEB Certification in Information Security Management principles or a similar qualification, to support information Security activities.
- Strong knowledge and experience of carrying out migrations to Office 365, working with Azure as well as strong Active Directory, Exchange and Intune related skills.
- Experience of using an IT Service Management system (such as JIRA Service Desk) to manage, allocate and monitor support
- Experience of recruiting new staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to details and be analytical in your approach to work
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed. Ability to work under own initiative.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Flexibility - able to respond to changing demands and take on additional responsibilities as required.
Excellent package on offer
- IT Support
- IT Security
- IT operations
- IT Mangement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job