MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide leadership for the development, implementation and evaluation of an IT strategy for the MAT.
2. Undertake research and analysis to advise on emerging technologies and trends that can benefit the MAT.
3. Work alongside key MAT staff to ensure that IT needs are understood and to demonstrate and develop the potential of IT in academic and support areas.
4. Help develop and implement policies, procedures for the use of IT, including e-safety, health & safety, asset disposal, receiving and testing ICT equipment, data protection, internet use, e-mail, security and IT resource management within the MAT and monitor adherence to these policies and procedures.
Hardware and Software Support:
1. Manage the installation, maintenance and upgrades of hardware (including peripherals) and software and, where necessary, present strategic alternatives to the MAT.
2. Manage advanced diagnosis procedures on hardware, peripherals and applications.
3. Provide advice on compatibility procedures on hardware and operating systems and compatibility of applications with existing systems, based on user requirement.
4. Work closely with key staff, including liaison with SIMs support, to ensure the smooth output of data and reports.
5. Manage their audio visual requirements to support teaching and learning, including use for events and performances, and occasionally taking photos of key events for the media/website.
6. Manage their School’s digital media and mobile learning requirements, including liaison with the Premises team, Music and Drama departments.
Some of these responsibilities may be delegated to an IT Technician or undertaken personally.
1. Install, support and maintain the network infrastructure, including monitoring network performance. Install, maintain and upgrade hardware, software and servers. Create and maintain user accounts and user permissions.
2. Manage network components including switches etc. and upgrade the network operating system.
3. Set up and maintain internet filtering systems and firewalls.
4. Work with the Music, Technology and Media staff, advising and supporting in regard to specific requirements for hardware and specialist software.
5. Manage Wi-Fi access and remote access to the network.
6. Manage and support specialist software as necessary including school biometric systems, SIMS, Parentmail, Parents’ Evening bookings, CCTV, phone systems and ID badges.
Configuration and Installation:
1. Follow a defined process to manage configurations and changes to IT systems. Test changes to systems, audit software (including licenses), hardware, IT usage and IT infrastructure and maintain accurate records in terms of identification and configuration.
2. Project mange the installation of audit software.
Continuity, Maintenance and Security:
1. Develop, communicate and implement a plan for recovery and programme of regular maintenance to minimize the impact on the IT service of a serious disaster, including the school’s backup and virus protection.
2. Maintain and regularly review whole-school system contingency plans.
3. Implement appropriate security systems to protect hardware, data and confidential information in a manner appropriate to the needs of different groups of users.
4. Work closely with the Data Protection Officer to ensure compliance with GDPR and Data Protection Act (2018).
Support Request Management:
1. Manage the resolution of daily support requests, analyse and determine appropriate responses.
2. Produce and analyse separate incident and problem reports to help plan future support service developments.
3. Set support priorities given staff availability and wider IT service demands.
4. Advise key staff on areas of Professional Development required, based on support log analysis.
Internal Support Arrangements:
1. Work within the context of negotiated service levels agreed with the line manager, for parents, staff and pupils.
2. Monitor and manage external support services and contracts.
3. Assess needs and recommend internal and external support arrangements and contracts required to deliver an effective IT service in the MAT.
4. Ensure warranties are appropriately purchased and used.
Leadership, Management and Training:
1. Lead, motivate and develop the school’s IT team obtaining commitment to the delivery of all agreed objectives.
2. Actively support the development of each member of the IT team through appraisal, in line with school policy.
3. Ensure that training on the use of hardware and software within the MAT is offered to all staff at appropriate times and at relevant levels.
4. Ensure that the IT team achieve the high standards of work and conduct expected by the MAT.
1. Establish the IT budgetary requirements, arrange the sourcing of resources, manage income and expenditure and ensure best value for money for IT spend in agreement with the line manager.
2. Maintain full inventory of IT assets, including planning for replacements on an appropriate timescale.
3. The post holder is expected to maintain a highly visible and professional profile within the school, abiding by all policies and procedures and will be expected to embrace the ethos and values of their MAT.
Pupil supervisor (outside lessons)
You will be expected to devote three hours and twenty minutes from your working week to the supervision of pupils outside lesson times.
In particular the supervision of students at lunchtime between 12.35 and 13.15 in association with a team of staff on dinner duty. Be that overseeing the availability of one or two IT suites every lunchtime (opposite the IT office) for students to work in or elsewhere within the school.
The post holder is expected to maintain a highly visible and professional profile within the school, abiding by all policies and procedures and will be expected to embrace the ethos and values of their MAT.
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'