We are currently seeking an IT Network Engineer to join our prestigious client on a permanent basis in Warrington. Our client is a highly respected engineering consultancy that work on a number of large scale water projects. They are looking for an IT Network Engineer to join their expert team to support the network infrastructure.
The successful candidate will have a number of roles and responsibilities including:
- Installing and maintaining LAN/WAN/Wireless networks and devices, conducting circuit and traffic analysis, troubleshooting any issues for firewalls and routing.
- CISCO Routing, Switching and Wireless
- Conduct Proactive maintenance and administration of designated network services.
- Monitor availability and utilisation and take appropriate action to report and correct any issues.
- Perform service interruption recovery and conduct root cause analysis.
- Contribute to the development of global standards, best practise guidelines and technical recommendations.
- Participate in projects as an infrastructure resource, providing recommendations and performing tasks as required.
- Collaborate with other IT service teams and asset management team to ensure local IT assets are fully and effectively used.
- Bachelors Degree in IT or related discipline.
- Vast experience working in an IT related environment and supporting network systems in a large enterprise.
- Working knowledge of Switched Ethernet, routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF).
- Working knowledge of WAN Circuit technologies (xDSL, Cable, MPLS, Metro Ethernet, T1, E1).
- Some experience using the following: Load Balancing and WAN Optimization (F5 and Riverbed), PIX/ASA Firewalls, IPS/IDS, Protocol analysis, Network Security Technologies (Proxy/Content Filtering, ISE, CWS, MFA).
To apply for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information please call Rebecca Hadaway on or email rebecca.hadaway @ blueprintrecuit.com and quote 13836, or apply directly using the "Apply" option below.