We are recruiting on behalf of our client who are looking for an experienced IT Network Architect.
- Coordinate the design and manage the rollout of critical network infrastructures on both a strategic (long term) and tactical (immediate term) level. Evaluate alternative technologies and architectures in relation to the infrastructure needs.
- Perform analytical, technical, cost analysis and CAPEX and OPEX development work in the planning, design, installation and on-going administration and management of Communications’ core data networks.
- Ensure that network infrastructure is fully documented and performing as required for internal and customer SLA guarantees and expectations by means of specific metrics and
Act as 2-3 line Support (even out of working hours) and participate in the root cause analysis and resolution of the problem
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN support and engineering design for voice, data and video networks at Access, Aggregation, and Core network locations
- Knowledge of best practices with Telephony Switch networks
- Thorough and proven understanding of modern service provider TCP/IP data networks
- Knowledge, skills and experience with Cisco and HP routing hardware, software, protocols etc.
- Strong working knowledge of structured cabling systems, network facilities, electrical, UPS, etc.
- Ability to work alone as an individual contributor, as a technical lead and as a participant in a team environment.
- Router, Switch and IP configuration experience is required
- Clearly communicating that architecture to stakeholders
- Experience in working with manufacturers and 3rd party providers
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Network Engineering with five or more
years directly related experience in a telecommunications service provider network. (Proven
Technical experience may be substituted for educational requirement)
5 years or more experience designing and implementing comprehensive network solutions using HP- Cisco, or other major network Products
Knowledge of WAN technologies, VSAT WAN optimization
Knowledge of redundancy and high availability protocols such as VRRP, HSRP, GLBP, SLB, LACP, PAGP
Experience within the travel industry related to shipboard IT operations is preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or equivalent related technical experience is required.
- Incident Management
- System Solutions