I am currently working with a supplier to the automotive industry. The company supplies directly to many OEM vehicle manufacturers with a diverse portfolio of parts with varying levels of complexity. Due to expansion, the company is now looking to hire an experienced and qualified, IT Manager to be based at it's site in Eaglescliffe.
The IT Manager will be responsible for supporting the Finance Director and other senior business stakeholders in shaping and delivering the business’ IT, Data, Business Information and Security strategy, whilst understanding and managing IT risk for the business and driving efficient and value-added IT service delivery - this is a very hands-on role and will involve supporting the business at many different levels.
At an operational level, the IT Manager will manage a small team, and will ensure that the Company's day-to-day IT provision and support function is operating efficiently and effectively. The successful candidate will be expected to mentor and develop the skills within the team.
- Provide leadership and oversight on day-to-day IT operations to ensure service level expectations are achieved.
- Maintain the highest levels of IT security, both on site and remotely, ensuring uninterrupted business continuity and compliance with GDPR
- Efficiently translate business needs, providing digital solutions for the current way of working to make the processes more efficient and make the business future proof and adding value wherever possible
- Management of several outsource partners
- Supplier negotiations and contract management
- Maintaining and developing IT policies
- Manage development and change in the IT provision
- Manage the IT budget with a strong focus on cost control, cost avoidance and value for money
- Developing standards for hardware and software including refresh policies
- Maintain process controls to ensure compliance with JSOX
- Management of Helpdesk system
- Provide cover for tech support where necessary
About the Person
Excellent communication skills are essential, you must be able to explain technical details to non-technical users in all areas and levels of the business.
It is important that you can demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills and strong due diligence in your approach to problem-solving.
The nature of the automotive industry is fast-moving, internal and external customer demands change regularly, therefore having the agility to manage the IT team in a dynamic environment is critical.
Qualifications / Experience
It is essential that you hold relevant recognised IT qualifications or can demonstrate a minimum of 3 years in a similar role. You should also have working experience/knowledge of the following Systems, Processes and Technologies:
All Microsoft Environments including Windows OS, O365, AD, Group Policy, Windows server
Business Intelligence / Information platforms (preferably QlikView and M-Power)
ERP / MRP systems
Secure remote working (preferable Cisco VPN)
Aurora system21 MRP
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'