A leading educational institution requires an exceptional IT Leader / Manager to help deliver an effective IT Service that meets the needs of their students and staff.
Strategic Leadership / Roadmap
- With the Senior Leadership Team, strategically plan for major developments of the IT service
- Project-manage and oversee the implementation of the IT Strategic Plan.
- Provide support of the highest quality to staff and students
- To provide high levels of availability and service which ensure academy staff are well supported in their use of IT.
- To support staff in their use of IT through training, support, and development of new ideas.
- To ensure that legal and contractual obligations relating to IT resources, systems and services are met.
- To ensure the highest levels of security and safety of IT systems and information held on these.
- To create a professional work environment and ethos amongst the IT support team.
Budget & Team Responsibilities
- Manage tenders for IT resources and advise on the appropriate use of national and local framework contracts.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget for IT services.
- Work as part of a team and adopt flexible working practices, supporting colleagues as appropriate.
- Lead the IT team (currently 3 staff) to ensure the highest standards in delivering a professional service
- Ensure the team has the training and expertise necessary to meet the needs of the academy.
Technical Environment & Responsibilities
- Desktop & Application Support
- Server & Network Support
- Configuration & Installation
- Continuity, Maintenance & Security
- Support Request Management
- Supplier Management
- User Focus
Hardware: Microsoft Stack, Fat and thin clients, laptops, projectors, Mac suites, servers, storage, back up, switches, UPS, wifi and wired networks, telephones, leased MFDs, CCTV cameras, EPOS, scanners.
User led software: SIMS, MS Office, finance software, PaperCut, EPOS software, visitor management, mint class, library software, HR system, subject specific software.
Services: Anti-virus, broadband, MS licenses and Office suite, VDI infrastructure, Citrix, VMware, classroom management, AD, user provisioning, imaging software, SPAM filtering, firewall, mifare access control and payment system, certificates, Caspar and web support.
What type of person are we looking for? The successful candidate will:
- Previous School / Academy experience and the role IT plays in a school would be beneficial.
- Good communication with Senior Leadership team and Stakeholders
- Always wanting to help others.
- Be technically strong, but will also know when to contact external parties for support.
- Lead the team with direction and clarity.
- Previous Budget management responsibility
- Promote new solution and have initiative.
- Be thorough, methodical and rigorous.
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Annual Season Ticket Loans
- Barbican Card (Dsicounts)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mindfulness Programme
- Optical Expenses
- Gift Vouchers
- State of the art premises
- Pension Scheme
- Social Events
- Network Infrastructure
- Network Security
- Windows Server
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'