Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced individual to join its busy IT department. In this challenging and varied role you will be a key member of the team; supporting the Head of IT in managing and supporting the IT infrastructure and systems and to ensure that the IT function is an effective business partner to the wider team, driving forward the technological offering in a supportive, resilient and customer focussed manner. This would suit an individual who is looking for their first supervsiory/team leader role.
If you would like to work amongst passionate individuals who have the motto of "doing the right thing" as the core to everything they do, we would love to hear from you.
The main responsibilities of the IT Support Manager will include:
- Management of 3rd party suppliers including outsourced managed services
- To participate in the implementation of the IT strategy, ensuring that the IT systems are fit for purpose and fully support the Operational requirements
- To manage the IT Security systems to ensure that data is protected and make recommendations to Head of IT about where improvements need to be made.
- To ensure servers and systems are available to users and operating effectively during working hours.
- To effectively and actively manage the outsourced IT and facilities against agreed service level agreements (including effective due diligence and on-going review of providers)
- To lead the Facilities management for the company premises.
- To ensure adherence to all audit and compliance requirements through regular control checks, and to provide such assistance to internal/external auditors as may be required.
- To deputise for the Head of IT when required
The ideal candidate will have:
- IT related qualification desirable
- Broad level of expertise and knowledge to operate and maintain IT systems to provide optimal services to the organisation
- Knowledge of Terminal Services Environments and VMware, SQL Server and Microsoft Office systems
- Experience of management of outsourced service providers
- The ability to 'lead by example’
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Strong Project Management Skills
- The ability to work at both a strategic and operational level
Our client is highly progressive with very strong capital and liquidity foundations, a strongly growing business based on evolving risk management, excellent regulatory relationships and striving to be the best of its kind in the country. Their internal culture places enormous emphasis on teamwork behaviours. As an organisation they value tangible involvement with the local community and frequently support local events, schools, clubs and charities. Our motto of "doing the right thing" is at the heart of everything we do.
- IT Strategy
- Service Level Agreements
- Terminal Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'