School IT and Facilities Manager, Lytham
We are currently looking for an experienced, innovative and passionate IT and Facilities Manager for a permanent position within one of our schools based in the Lytham area.
This position, which forms part of the business management team, will be responsible for the IT, Site and Welfare provision in school. This is an exciting time for this school as they are improving the school's infrastructure and systems in the future. This role is an opportunity for the successful candidate to be involved in these developments from the outset.
We are looking for an individual with strong leadership and communication skills who will be able to drive the strategic planning of the IT provision in school whilst leading the Site and Welfare support services. The successful candidate should have the motivation to further shape and design the network as well as having an excellent working knowledge of Storage Area Networks and VM Ware.
This is a full year position and there is an expectation to work during some of the school holidays.
- Coordinating the work of the support staff team responsible for ICT, Site and associated facilities including recruitment and structure proposals to ensure appropriate resources are available.
- Develop appropriate, strategic relationships to facilitate effective planning, development, delivery and maintenance of the school's ICT strategy and service provision.
- Management of IT resources ensuring equipment is fit for purpose including the IT helpdesk, PC's, laptops, Wi-Fi, IT classrooms and school communication systems.
- Management of the school network, IT systems and assets ensuring they are up to date, fit for purpose, contributing to budget discussions around such provision.
- Management of the school site's health and safety provision, ensuring all relevant inspections and risk assessments are carried out as scheduled, implemented and adhered to.
- Be the named Data Protection Officer, staying up to date with GDPR legislation and keeping staff informed when relevant and identifying training requirements.
- Line management of the Site Manager and site team, and welfare team.
- As a member of the Senior Business Support Team work to ensure a high level, professional approach to the running of relevant support staff teams encouraging participation, ground-up communications and personal contribution.
- Experience of working with senior leaders in order to contribute to the organisations' goals and objectives.
- Experience of working in a technical or facilities environment at a supervisory or management level.
- Good leadership and management skills.
- Goodworking knowledge of GDPR legislation and Data Protection Policies.
- Recognised vocational or professionalqualification in IT field.
- Ability to meet deadlines through excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to comply with policies and legislation relating to child protection, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection.
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of current IT developments and how these can enhance the IT provision in educational establishments.
RandstadEducation is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Preston office has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN as well as a dedicated section looking after School Support roles such as Technicians, Business Managers, Exams and Data Officers and SIMS trained Administration and Finance staff.
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks.
If you feel you have the recent and relevant experience required for this IT and Facilites Manager post, then please email your CV now to your specialist consultant atleanne.uk
- facilities manager
- IT manager
- IT technician. network manager
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'