Our client is recruiting for an IT Manager based in Kilburn, London. This is a hands-on position where the successful candidate will own the Information Technology function, reporting to the Operations Director.
The IT Manager will have a team of two IT Engineers as direct reports and be responsible for the delivery of IT Operations and key projects.
In addition, the business has several outsourced services, for which the IT Manager will act as a supplier liaison, ensuring timely delivery of all externalised services and managing ongoing relationships.
The successful candidate will have a history of hands-on and project delivery experience in the relevant technical areas as well as strong people management skills. The IT Manager will possess the technical skills to be able to directly support key members of the business as well as make pertinent recommendations to the Senior Management team with regards to IT strategy, identifying service improvement and cost-saving opportunities where appropriate.
The responsibilities of the IT Manager will be as follows:
Ownership of the IT Service Desk operation:
- Developing the IT Service Desk operation to meet best practices
- Oversight and delivery of IT projects as requested by the Senior Management team
- Ensuring all incidents and service requests are resolved within the timeframe agreed with the business
- Ensuring that all incidents and service requests are correctly prioritised
- Identifying recurring problems and/or faults and working to resolve in a timely manner, involving suppliers where required
- Communicating effectively with the business with regards to Service Operations, Outages and Maintenance activities
- Supporting other key business functions to streamline processes such as HR and Payroll with new user and equipment requests.
Line Management of the IT Team:
- Training, mentoring and development of new and existing staff members
- Accountability for the team of IT engineers, ensuring employee effectiveness and adherence to company policy at all times
Management of Externalised Services:
- Ownership of supplier relationships with third party vendors and suppliers to a high standard and ensuring that contractual service obligations are met
- Ensuring relevant technical understanding of external solutions remains within the business and that the documentation on all externalised services is maintained
- Identifying potential external services for key business functions which will provide service
- improvements or cost savings
Ownership of Vendor/Supplier Relationships:
- Management of suppliers to provide IT equipment into the business, ensuring value for money
Oversight of In-House IT Systems:
- Ensuring Service Availability to timeframes agreed with the business
- Ownership of the business Telephony service including ongoing management, maintenance and
- Management of the MP Moran desktop, laptop and peripheral estate across all company locations
- Ownership of all internal networking and services across all company locations eg LAN, Wireless, CCTV
Accountability for IT Security within the business:
- Ownership of the business IT Security policy
- Ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of all business information in line with company, industry and government policies
- Strategic planning, definition and communication of the IT Security Policy spanning on-premises and Cloud services
Experience & Skills Required
Minimum of three years experience in the following technical areas:
- Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems (ideally to MCP/MCSA standard)
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office365 suite
- Cisco Meraki and Ubiquiti Wireless
- WAN/LAN TCP IP Networking
- Desirable Technical Experience and/or Qualifications:
- Alcatel Telephony System
- Sage Payroll & HR Cloud
- Adobe Cloud Suite
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Epicor BisTrack
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP qualification
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Personal Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of two years experience in a management/team-lead role in an SMB size business.
- Clear understanding and/or qualifications within ITIL/Prince2 Frameworks
- Experience working with Managed Service Providers and hosted or cloud Infrastructure
- Understanding or experience working within the Builders Merchant industry is desirable but not essential.
- Commercial understanding and experience working to defined budgets and/or targets.
It is desirable for the successful candidate to hold a clean UK driving license as there may be a requirement to travel to other sites within the London area.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills able to communicate with all levels of staff
- Possesses mentorship soft-skills to foster the development of direct reports
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation
- Able to identify and propose areas for improvements to solutions and processes whether technical or operational
- Keen problem-solver able to work on issues independently and research potential solutions/fixes
- Willing to learn new technologies and progress existing skills
- Salary of up to £55,000 depending on experience
- £5,000 bonus
- 24 Days Holiday
- Monday to Friday 7.30-4.30
- Onsite gym
- Live insurance
- Cycle to work club
- Weekly fruit drop
Our Clients Head Office is based in a vibrant and creative area of London with branches spreading across North London into Hertfordshire. The Company is an exciting and friendly business that offers an opportunity for you to flourish.
Interviews are taking place immediately.
If you feel you have the right skills for this position please apply today.Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to successfully short-listed applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days of sending your application, please presume that you have not been suc
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'