IT Manager Responsibilities:
- Monitoring, managing and leading a team of support analysts & engineers responsible for Desktop, Server, Network and Cloud Services (Azure, Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Act as the technical contact and escalation point for operational and service delivery matters
- Management of Backup, Recovery and IT Disaster Recovery
- System monitoring and alerting
- Enforcement & monitoring of all SLA’s, reporting performance to the business
- Ongoing enhancement of the IT support function, managing change and evolution of services and technology
- Management of continuous improvement programmes, BAU and project work within the team
- Management of contracts in place for key systems to provide appropriate support, backup and capacity
IT Manager Requirements:
- 3 years+ experience in a similar role
- A broad but detailed technical background spanning Server / Network infrastructure, PaaS / SaaS, Desktop systems and mobile is beneficial
- Microsoft Administrator certification & ITIL accreditation is desirable
- Detailed knowledge of Office 365, AD, Windows Desktop & Server (OSX / Unix & PowerShell also desirable)
- Previous experience of system monitoring tools
- Software management & deployment such as MS System Centre.
- Backup & recovery solutions
- Cyber Security, Firewalls & Security Appliances / Systems
- WANs, VLAN, VPN, TCP / IP, Wireless, VoIP systems
- BSc in Computer Science or Computing & Information Systems or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of management of technical issues, information analysis and of computer hardware / software systems
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills Comfortable performing a wide range of activities, including stretching to new skill / experience areas
About GovNet Communications:
Since 1997, GovNet has delivered innovative, thought-provoking and insightful events, ranging from conferences and exhibitions to training courses and forums, most of which are primarily for the public sector.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Circa £40,000 to £50,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday rising to 28 with length of service, Birthday day off, Pension, Enhanced Maternity / Paternity, Employee Assistance Program - 24/7 access to mental health and legal experts and more, Summer and Christmas Parties.
You may have experience of the following: IT Manager, Head of Support, Head of IT, Technical Support Manager, IT Support Manager, Infrastructure Manager, Network Manager, Helpdesk Manager, etc.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'