Kammac has an exciting opportunity for an IT Manager to join our team in Skelmersdale although travel to other locations in the UK will be required. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return receive a highly competitive salary of circa £45,000 per annum.
Kammac Limited are a leading 3PL UK Logistics Business providing nationwide dedicated and shared user warehousing and distribution solutions for international Blue Chip clients.
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 09.00am - 17.00pm, however due to the nature of the role you will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
The IT Manager role:
IT is at the heart of everything we do at Kammac. Supporting all areas of the business, you will manage and oversee the day to day running of the IT function including system & network support and communications infrastructure.
This is an extremely diverse role encompassing a number of different technologies throughout the business. Ensuring the IT function is both cost effective and aligned to the overall business strategy, you will perform strategic planning and recommend courses of action for technology related improvements, create schedules, define and scope budget overseeing all IT projects from end to end.
Key responsibilities of our IT Manager:
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality, ensuring the IT Infrastructure supports the wider business strategy Plan
- Develop and implement the IT budget, dealing with key vendors to ensure competitive prices and quality service
- As the responsible person, schedule updates and backups for hardware and software systems
- Research and install new systems that benefit the wider organisation according to business requirements and project specifications
- Ensure the smooth and effective service provided by all IT and communication systems
- Maintain and develop SOP’s for IT; change requests, hardware orders and system upgrades/installations
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify initiatives and implement agreed actions that increase operational efficiency, through system integrations, process improvements and automation
- Continually assess and analyse technical & system performance, identifying key areas of improvement
What we’re looking for in our IT Manager:
- Exchange Server 2013
- MS Remote Desktop Services & IIS
- Good level of TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Windows 7 -10 client support
- Network topology (IPs, VPNs)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- AVG Central Deployment or Similar/ Administration
- Network infrastructure (modems, Firewalls, hubs, switches)
- Office products
- An understanding of Sage 200 & Payroll would be good but not essential
- An understanding of Microsoft SQL
- An understanding of Avaya telephone systems
- An understanding of VOIP
- Experience of good information security and privacy practice ITIL
- Experience required in a similar IT management role
- Background of working within the logistics and warehousing sector is desirable
- Experience working to set-up new functions
- Experience setting up and maintaining a high-quality IT Infrastructure environment
- Able to demonstrate a high level of detail
Benefits of becoming our IT Manager:
- Free Parking
- Company Pension
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our IT Manager please click 'Apply’ now! We would love to hear from you.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'