In-house IT Manager
Based at our Client site in Nottingham (NG9)
Salary: £28,000.00 - £32,000.00
Full time/permanent role
Complete IT (CIT) is a fast-growing, premier UK provider of IT support services whose clients range from 10 to 300 users and utilise the best technologies. Our wide range of managed IT services includes bespoke project delivery and we have a growing reputation for the quality and passion of our service built around our clients, combining on-site visits and unlimited helpdesk support to deliver a very different customer experience.
We are looking for an experienced IT Manager to provide support and management of the core IT infrastructure and key applications for one of our flagship clients, based at their offices in Nottingham.
What the job is:
You will be the IT Manager for the client, with responsibility for their IT environment. This is a diverse business with retail stores, production facilities and also back office functions. You will work alongside the client's management team to ensure that the IT infrastructure is managed, monitored and maintained and you will review and make recommendations for improvement, managing project implementation once approved. You will be reponsible for managing projects from proposal to sign off, to implementation and technical handover.
What you will be doing:
* Manage existing and future projects (current projects include back and disaster recovery, Group Policy overhaul, storage project and more)
* Supporting and managing a range of Electronic Point of Sale systems (EPOS)
* Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders at the client site
* Visit different business locations in the group
* Develop a detailed insight into the client's business
* Deliver proactive onsite technical support and report activity, findings and recommendations using CIT processes
* Deliver reactive support and troubleshooting, reporting findings with recommendations
* Create an IT roadmap for your client to plan for current and future requirements
* Review the IT roadmap at each client meeting
* Identify, recommend and gain commitment for new products and solutions that meet the client's business requirements
* Write persuasive business cases and professional proposals to support recommendations
* Plan and implement the purchase and installation of new products and solutions
* Hold regular client review meetings
* Initiate daily contact with the helpdesk team
Client relationships are of the utmost importance to us, and the successful candidate will manage the relationship with the client, holding regular review meetings to a professional standard, listening to the client and providing them with information and reports as required.
As well as liaising with the client, you will also liaise with the your colleagues working on the helpdesk and 3rd party suppliers.
What we are looking for:
* 3+ years experience of exposure to different environments and platforms
* Microsoft Server Operating Systems installation and support
* Microsoft Exchange/Office 365 installation and support
* Switch installation, configuration and troubleshooting
* Experience with firewall set up and management
* Experience with a variety of backup technologies and methods
* Proposal and business case and report writing
* Previous client/customer facing or in-house IT role
* At least and awareness of virtualisation technologies
On a personal level, you will be friendly and personable and a great communicator. You wil be a passionate owner/driver and will take ownership of client relationships. You will be keen to learn and develop - and this will be the place to do it.
CIT is driven not only by our clients and our fantastic relationships with them, but also our amazing team. We are not just a successful business, we are a family. People matter to us - their opinions, their ideas, their development and most importantly their happiness is valued above all else, as they are the key to our success.
With this is mind we try to make sure that the benefits that we offer to our team reflect the high value that we place on them. We offer private healthcare schemes, an employee assistance programme, access to an exclusive discount website, eyecare vouchers, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, long service awards, and quarterly team nights out. We also carry out bi-annual development reviews for all of our team members, giving them the opportunity to discuss their career and their training and development. Our team are the best in the business, so training is very important to us - we provide internal and external technical and soft skills training, and support our team by paying for them to take the exams that they need to gain valuable, industry recognised qualifications to develop their knowledge and expertise.
- IT Management
- Project Management
- Technical Support