Working from offices in Central Bristol for an awarding winning, exciting and quirky ecommerce luxury accommodation company.
As the IT manager you will be responsible for all aspects of technology across the organisation, including setting the technology strategy and direction, building and leading the technical team, developing and maintaining technical supplier relationships and generally assisting the company in gaining a competitive advantage through the appropriate implementation of technology.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Understand the business objectives of the organisation and define a suitable technical strategy and roadmap to ensure the business requirements are met in a sustainable manner
- Audit the existing technical landscape of the organisation and make suitable recommendations for simplification and improvement
- Define and establish working practices and processes to optimise the delivery and support of mission critical software
- Create, inspire, and manage our team from a technology delivery perspective
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external technology suppliers and partners
- Management of IT/systems project portfolio, ensuring appropriate project governance is in place
- Work with our product manager and digital team to understand the needs of users and our owners and agree priorities and plans for delivery
- Understand and oversee the end to end software development process improving our systems and processes where advantageous
- Act as the company’s Data Protection Officer and ensure compliance with GDPR
- Responsible for compliance with PCI and PECR
- Responsible for all data and systems security
- Manage provision of all internal technology services
Skills and experience
- Ideally a travel or booking/ecommerce related background
- Full stack development experience/knowledge
- Experience hiring and leading technical teams
- Excellent project management experience and skills
- Hands on experience with high volume mission critical systems
- Great communicator at all levels, with ability to work through ambiguity, and also to influence stakeholders
- A solid understanding of change management
- Curiosity, drive, enthusiasm and willingness to roll sleeves up and get stuck in
- Experience of using Salesforce
- Knowledge of SAP, Sagelive or Wordpress will be an advantage
- Knowledge of Salesforce be an advantage
The organization have a big focus on Ethics, People and the Environment, so it’s important you are in line with the core company ethos.
In return you will be offered shares in the business, flexible working hours and days, pensions and money off stays etc etc - All on top of a base salary of £45,000 - £50,000.
For more information please apply or contact Nick House at Robert Half Technology.
- Project Management