Are you a senior IT professional, capable of leading from the front in terms of all things strategic whilst still happy to roll up your sleeves and get technical? Have you worked in a consultancy environment where many of the technical teams work remotely and on client site? Then this newly created IT Manager position could well be for you!
We're working with fast paced, high growth, specialist consultancy whom after constantly growing and adding to their Business Intelligence and Insights capability have now identified the need for an IT Manager to lead on ALL things IT. You will be working alone initially with responsibility for managing the relationship between an outsourcing partner with the intention of eventually bringing all work in house and adding resource to your team.
Leading on all aspects of 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support the role will provide information, advice and support on all IT issues as required and manage the IT functions of the business on a day to day operational basis, providing excellent customer service and considered guidance on all IT matters.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Managing IT functions across the business within an agreed IT service level
- Provide front line IT support to staff and associates
- Ensure the IT needs for the organisation are serviced on a daily basis.
- Ensure the business maintains NHS IG Toolkit and related compliance levels.
- Ensure systems maintain a high level of security and compliance across laptops, servers and infrastructure.
- Procure all IT hardware and software as required, within budgetary constraints
- Procure and manage all maintenance contracts and subscriptions as required
- Provide IT infrastructure services including desktop applications, email and database systems, local and wide area networks
- Ensure maximum availability of computer systems throughout the organisation
- Manage the user network and email accounts to maintain an efficient service for all users
- Provide support for hardware and software problems either through on site visits, telephone support or remote access
- Liaison with external support organisation’s and ISP’s
- To manage the IT function
- Provide documentation on all IT systems and produce user guides to processes and applications
- Develop IT security and usage policies for approval, and control the agreed policies throughout the charity including data management and date processing
- Consult with Line Manager on updates to relevant policies
- Develop the IT Disaster Recovery Plan for approval and maintain the Plan as the IT in the organisation changes
- Maintain an asset register of all IT equipment
- Provide training as required on IT applications and/or processes
- To keep in mind all aspects of the Data Protection Policy while performing all aspects of the role.
- To be aware of and responsible for the Health and Safety implications of installing and maintaining IT systems
Knowledge, skills and experience
- A natural problem solver with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Customer service focused
- Strong team leader
- IT experience from previous roles with 5-10 years experience.
- Ability to prioritise workload under pressure
- Professional and dedicated
Technical requirements and knowledge
- PC setup/configuration/troubleshooting
- Windows 10 desktop operating systems
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office, especially Office 365.
- Strong knowledge of computer networks
- Strong knowledge of anti-virus, anti-spam and firewall systems.
- Strong knowledge of printers
- Strong knowledge of SharePoint
- Windows Server and Active Directory
- Information Technology
- Technical Support
- Information Security
- Remote Access
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job