The IT Manager will contribute to and deliver the Operational Execution of the Vision and Strategy for the organisation's use of technology as directed by the Board, Senior Management Team colleagues and all other key stakeholders.
The execution deployment plan will deliver commercial and consistent operational process improvement through IT systems, Infrastructure and fully enhanced Digital improvements across the whole technical landscape to support the ongoing growth and margin enhancement of the business.
- Define, contribute and deliver the Information Technology Strategy & Operational deployment plan in support of the company’s mission and core objectives.
- Accountable for the operational execution of the IT resource management deployment and career / succession development of all IT staff to meet these objectives.
- Develop an annual Operational deployment business plan and operating budget for the department and monitor the implementation of these to ensure that the business strategic, operational and financial targets are met
- Negotiate service level agreements with external suppliers and service providers and monitor service delivery to ensure the agreed targets and standards are met.
- Prioritise and schedule to deliver major projects effectively to meet the needs of the stakeholders involved.
- Direct and prepare the implementation of policies, procedures and standards relating to information and telecommunication systems.
- Responsible for researching and evaluating new technologies, and keep up to date and proactively management any Information Technology issues that will impact the business.
- To be responsible for the business network & systems, including ERP, Infrastructure & Telephony, it’s maintenance, development and ongoing availability.
- Be accountable for ensuring business continuity, disaster recovery and system back up
- Ensure hardware and server infrastructure is maintained and developed in line with Group Strategy whether internal or externally hosted.
- Be accountable for the IT team’s personal development and contribute to the evaluation of performance in line with the company’s core competencies and learning and development framework
- Takes on additional tasks in order to meet departmental, project related or developmental objectives
- Compliance with current data protection regulations GDPR etc
- Compliance with H&S policy and procedures
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A strong commercial business leader, with extensive business systems solution experience
- A proven track record of driving and defining complex IT strategies with a proven track record of operational delivery
- Demonstrate extensive change management and transformation experience, utilising Agile Project management and strong man management expertise
- Budgetary experience, defining and reporting against KPI’s/ milestones
- Excellent communication skills in order to explain complex IT concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Experience of managing multiple IT disciplines i.e. software development, technical support, systems architecture etc.
- A broad understanding of computer systems, applications and operating systems. With a strong understanding and application of the most appropriate modern standards and practices.
- Demonstrable experience embedding new practices in digital and technology across an organisation that enables core digital teams to focus on more specialist tasks
- Proven acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities
- In depth experience of negotiating with and managing third parties, including Cloud hosting and outsourcing of support and services
- In-depth Experience of ERP Systems including e-commerce, e-platforms as part of our digital trading roadmap
- In- depth Business systems solution deployment experience,including WMS deployment within an ERP environment
Personal attributes / qualities
- Gravitas and excellent, robust Leadership people skills.
- Recognises the goals and objectives of different parties and can manage changes that can occur over time.
- Negotiates mutually acceptable solutions through compromise and creates 'win-win’ situations.
- Seek and act upon feedback, continually developing self and improving own performance.
- Champion and role model a culture of transparency and accountability, establishing continual constructive feedback channels and mechanisms
- Take personal accountability and ownership for corporate decisions and outcomes.
- Challenge the status quo in a constructive and respectful manner, actively suggesting and contributing to improvements.
- Strong motivational and leadership traits to create an environment where people are empowered to realise their full potential.
- Computer Systems
- Information Technology
- Operating Systems
- Software Development