This company is one of the UK's leading outsourced cost saving companies. They are looking for someone with proven skills in leading and rolling out IT projects and in particular someone with good networking skills. You must like a challenge and not be easily defeated! You will be good in a crisis and be able to mentor and give direction to other team members.
About the Role.
We are looking for the right person to provide IT support to customers though various channels such as phone and email, resolving their issues in a timely manner.
The position is predominately based at the head office in Welwyn Garden City, however travel to customers’ sites will be required on both a planned and ad hoc basis.
You will be supporting customers on a wide range of IT related projects and activities with a focus on installation, support and maintenance of networking architecture and servers.
- Installation, deployment and operational support of network routers, firewalls, switches and servers
- Documentation of installation and maintenance projects.
- Network administration and security.
- Work directly with internal and external customers to troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues regarding networks, hosted telephony, servers and security.
- To provide a point of escalation for the Service Desk for any incidents and service requests relating to key business applications and services.
- Travel between offices and customer locations throughout the UK
- Diagnosing and resolving of all technical and IT related issues.
- Providing customer desktop and server support. (where necessary out of hours)
- Contribution to a smart, cooperative, problem solving team in a fast paced environment.
- Good leadership and mentoring skills
- Calm in a crisis
- Detailed technical knowledge of network infrastructure, including VPN tunnels, MPLS networks and Firewall technologies.
- Experience with Server Administration, including VMWare, SQL, imaging and backups.
- Excellent Communication skills for conveying plans and participating in review meetings, within the company and with external vendors and resources.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows OS and Windows applications.
- Professional but friendly approach with a can do attitude.
- Logical approach to diagnostic and ability to prioritise work load.
- A good understanding of end user and desktop hardware computing,
Desirable Experience (but not essential)
- Experience in SIP, telecommunications systems, Converged Networks and understanding of voice protocols.
- Understanding of Dealer Management Systems such as Autoline or Pinewood.
- Exposure and use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft 365.
- Exposure to Apple and iOS products in the workplace.
- Experience or knowledge of ITIL methodologies and service management would be beneficial.
£26000 - 35,000 per annum depending on experience with an achievable performance related bonus of up to £500/quarter and a company car provided for travel.
About the company
Based in Welwyn Garden City, the company has 70 staff both field and office based. An Investor in People, they pride themselves not only on the service that they provide to their customers but also the investment that they provide to its team of staff.
As well as ongoing training and investment in development, the company has a relaxed professional environment with a focus on providing excellent customer service. In return they offer excellent employee benefits along with a competitive salary and achievable performance based bonus scheme.
If you are looking for a company that values its employees and allows you to personally develop and forge a career, please apply with your CV and a covering letter.
Despite our best efforts it is not always possible to respond to every application individually due to the high volume of responses we receive on each vacancy
Only candidates who are short listed will be contacted for this particular role and if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume that you have not be successful. However, we will keep your details on our database, and will contact you when other suitable positions come in.
- Network Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job