IT Operations Manager for a medium sized Bank in Central London, to deliver the IT Operations Service. The IT Operations specialist will have a breadth of experience in Managing IT and also implementing IT Operations frameworks in a Small to Medium sized organisation, where you will be responsible for managing a Team of 2 technical people and putting in place the IT Governance / ITIL Service design.
The key responsibilities are as follows;
IT Operations service delivery
- IT Management of a team of 2 technical staff and a couple of IT Contractors
- Responsible for ensuring continual improvement to the banks customer facing services and production services/infrastructure services, ie Data Centre, Network Services and End User Computing
- Take the lead for services and processes outlined in the ITIL Service Design, Transition and Operations frameworks
- Owning the road map for IT-Operations and ensure adherence to enterprise standards and policies
- Define and implement IT processes for managing service. Scope and level of maturity to be appropriate to the scale and scope of a smaller bank but to be aligned to industry best practice eg ITIL, Cobit and to Group SOPs. Including
- Ensure that IT Governance is included within the internal control framework.
- Own the IT Risk and manage IT risks according to the banks framework and in line with appetite.
- Evaluate the IT sourcing strategy for the bank, identified outsourcing opportunities and either implement or eliminate according to cost, service needs and appetite
Qualification & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related/relevant experience
- Experience managing internal and outsourced IT services
- Financial services experience
- Practical experience of implementing and managing quality frameworks in IT governance, IT management and continuous improvement eg ITIL, COBIT, six sigma
- Proven leadership and team building skills.
Salary to £75,000 + Bonus + Pension
This opportunity also provides a genuine opportunity to progress.
Please forward your CV urgently.
- Continuous Improvement
- IT Management