IT Manager / Head of IT
Up to £55k + benefits, Hereford
Now recruiting an IT Manager to join what aims to be a radically different University, the first new higher education establishment to launch in the UK for 40 years! Here, we are transforming the way our engineers learn; bridging the gap between education, practical learning experiences and employment.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the IT Manager will be responsible for creating and managing the organisation’s digital and technology vision to provide leadership and direction in the development, implementation and ongoing management of the IT strategy. You will be the primary point of contact for all IT matters, and take responsibility for strategic and operational matters relating to IT and technology, including the recruitment and management of the Digital team. We are looking for a self-starter with excellent communication and organisation skills. This role will suit those with ambition, sound qualifications and experience to match the brief below, participating fully and actively in the management of this exciting and ground breaking organisation.
- Coordinate and manage all IT services throughout the organization, providing strategic direction for innovation in IT and fulfillment of the Digital Strategy, liaising with the Provost on digital learning
- Responsible for the definition, operation and enforcement of IT policies and procedures
- Ensure consistent quality and efficiency of the organisation’s IT systems
- Manage the IT budget and expenditure
- Take responsibility for data security, data integrity, disaster recovery, and strategic technology management
- Collaborate with academic leaders to design, produce, deliver and maintain the Digital Learning Strategy, including optimizing on-premise and cloud-based services, and vendor and partner agreements
- Define the digital Student Experience and the technological needs of the academic programme, in collaboration with academic and other staff
- Procure advisers, contractors and suppliers to deliver the onside digital needs of the organisation
- Responsible for the recruitment of the Digital team, and the subsequent management and motivation
- Proven IT support and management experience including diagnosing, repairing and solving hardware, software, server and network related issues
- A good understanding of incident management, problem management, change and configuration management
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail, and a desire to ensure the highest standards are met and maintained
- An industry standard qualification e.g. Microsoft or Cisco (desirable)
- An ITIL v3 qualification (desirable)
- Proven ability to establish and build excellent collaborative relationships with key internal and external parties
- Excellent presentation, advocacy and communication skills
- Ethical, flexible, collaborative, an eye for detail
IT Manager Salary & Benefits
- Basic pay up to £55,000 per annum (dependent upon experience and qualification)
- Pension with company contribution of 6%
- 30 days annual leave plus statutory holidays plus site closure days
- Income protection, life assurance 3x salary and more…
Applications in writing - no agencies please. Recruitment & selection process is managed exclusively by the Dane Partnership Ltd. Please send a CV and covering letter/email of introduction to Lorna Dane.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'